• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

A trip to Hot Doug's for Scovie

Scoville DeVille said:
Yeah! and who the hell is Micheal Powers?

The dude who thought of that first. :P

Sum and I made a trip up to Hot Dougs today.  We decided to get 3 sausages and split them all. 

Starting from the dog closest to the camera we got:

Shrimp n' Grits: Smoked Shrimp and Pork Sausage with Creole Mustard, Hominy Grits, and Goat Cheese

Apple, Pear, and Port Wine Elk Sausage with Cherry-Apricot Mustard, Double Creme Brie and Pate de Campagne

Merguez Lamb Sausage with Spicy Harissa and Queso de Cabra

531919_10100993358134459_1046000189_n.jpg

1234041_10100993358279169_233691373_n.jpg

We had a Green River soda as the icing on the cake.

I'd make a comment about being full or stuffed, but somehow saying that after consuming sausage doesn't feel right. 

"Apple, Pear, and Port Wine Elk Sausage with Cherry-Apricot Mustard, Double Creme Brie and Pate de Campagne"

Oh my holy hell. I would wipe that joint out of those! Keep them and napkins comin!!!!!

That was Sum's favorite.  It was pretty good, a little sweet for my liking with the cherry-apricot mustard.  I liked the lamb sausage, but I'm kinda a sucker for that north african seasoning profile they went with. 

Rawk, that hipster shot only exists because you took me to a hipster joint for a slice of hipster pizza, hipster beer, and a shot of hipster hhhwhiskey. The only way I could have pulled off non-hipster there is if you had lent me a big, baggy hoodie instead of the tight fitting, pattern printed, zip-up hipster hoodie.

That hipster beard only grew that long because I was in a non-showering facility. And I prefer to call it mountain delicious... not hipster. Also, I drank PBR before the word hipster was invented, so don't blame ME if hipsters like yourself dig my PBR swagger.

True Story.

Sum, ummm someone had to take the picture of that hipster taking a picture. That means you went full hipster.

The Hot Pepper said:
Sum, ummm someone had to take the picture of that hipster taking a picture. That means you went full hipster.

I don't know, man... all I know is I took a picture of Rawk at her hipster pizza joint and it came out in hipster sepia with a hipster watermark.

Look...

1234271_516204768463589_844458590_n.jpg

True Story.

And I prefer to call it mountain delicious!

thats what the fuct im talking about.

SumOfMyBits said:
That hipster beard only grew that long because I was in a non-showering facility. And I prefer to call it mountain delicious... not hipster. Also, I drank PBR before the word hipster was invented, so don't blame ME if hipsters like yourself dig my PBR swagger.

True Story.

Back