Evergreen peppers

Could someone please explain me if evergreen peppers realy exist? I mean, are there peppers that when fully ripe don't change color? I'm asking because i stumbled on some pictures with descriptions like "evergreen habanero" and "evergreen 7 pot f4" an whatnot. DOes anybody grow these types?

What would be the biological explanation? (I know of green ripe tomatoes, is something similar?)

I believe that cmpman1974 (Chris) has grown the 7 Pot Evergreen as well as a Trinidad Scorpion Green....

Judy @ pepperlover.com may also have them

Ask Judy @ pepperlover she is the creator of the evergreen 7pot
Trinidad scorpion green ripens to a mustard type color

Mustard Scorpions aren`t green if you let them ripen a long time (below), but there is more than one Green/Mustard strain. Cmpman1974 has the greener one and Judy at pepperlover has the Evergreen 7-pot.

My Mustard scorpions came from John Ford at Ford`s Fiery Foods.

Oh, and there is also a green Habanero.

Nigel said:
Mustard Scorpions aren`t green if you let them ripen a long time (below), but there is more than one Green/Mustard strain. Cmpman1974 has the greener one and Judy at pepperlover has the Evergreen 7-pot.

My Mustard scorpions came from John Ford at Ford`s Fiery Foods.
Oh, and there is also a green Habanero.
yup and if memory serves me correctly he got the seeds from me

yes the mustard t.s. i developed does have alot of green in it and then gets an intermingling of yellow that gives it a brown mustard color, i have seen pics of Cmpman1974's   7 pot evergreen in his grow log they do exsist i can asure you

thanks your friend Joe

Nigel said:
Thanks for mentioning that you developed this strain, Joe. i had forgotten, to my eternal shame!!!
no problem

i wasnt being critical in anyway its all good

thanks your friend Joe

null_zpse8904171.jpg

null_zps08f5b799.jpg

Judy and Chris' pods

Back