• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Justaguy's 2014 Garden Season

Coming from 2013
http://thehotpepper.com/topic/37278-justaguys-2013-garden-season/page-7

Feb. 25th-
On February 16th I dropped my seeds into the soil.
Pics will come as I have time. I am prepping this in Notepad as I have time. Going to try to get pics in this year. Life has gotten more stable and yet busier, so hopefully I can get some eye candy up for everyone.

This year is a sampling year with seeds for 29 varieties in the soil. Hope to find some new loves and gain a good many isolated seeds.

March 20-
Well the germination has been hell so the garden will be smaller this year. I will try to get some pics, but work is wicked. Been working nonstop since March 1st and April will contain the next day off hopefully.

Justaguy said:
ok I have 30 of a hoped for 92 plants. Job keeping me busy and a great woman. She is pushing me to take pics for here. I will get some when there is something worthy.

30 plants, not too bad... let's see what they look like!

Well I have failed the forum this year and I do apologize to the few that were willing to check it out. The year busily flew by. The 42 plants I put out did fair. I restocked my freezers with what was needed and the front bed gave me more primos then I needed for sure. Also did carrots, parsnips, a tire tower of potatoes,8 stalks of Gentlemans corn for seed, and a huge sunflower that ended up having just over 30 heads on it. Picture taking for the most part was not in the cards and none of my overwinters made it. Yesterday my youngest helped me pull the last plants and so the season is officially over. I am looking at a possible job change now that if it comes through will pay $5 more per hour and in 3 years will be double what I make now. I have been told it is a high overtime job once in and my fiance is standing beside me and my love of gardening and making my business grow. I do hope to get back to regularly posting here on the forum in the future, but for now I believe it is time for winter to start rushing in. Hope to see you all in the spring.

Taste the Flavor, Feel the Heat
Brian

Back