• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

yellow Morouga

Know what? I'll just shut up and enjoy that pretty brown picture. :P
lol it is brown, but probably a lighting thing.

POTAWIE said:
I believe Morouga is a name given by a local trinidad for his/her strain of Scorpion pepper.
Here's a pic of my red Morouga

2553778402866bc09e1cwn9.jpg

Congratulations on this Morouga
plant very interesting ;)

Entire Trinidad isn't that big, so how big is this "Morouga"? :P
Sounds very cool though. any new secret local chiles you want to share with us? :D

Here's some yellow Morouga pods

And a red Morouga with much bigger and different looking pods than early on

Very nice pods,you have some awesome peppers this year Chris hope you remember me I would like to have some seeds if you going to have available my friend.

WOW, those Morougas are incredible. They have an extremly unusual aroma. TrinnieHottie said they were hot, but not incredibly so. She must have an iron tongue! One bite and I was running for milk! They're intense heat that knocks you off your chair immediately. It doesn't last as long as other varieties.

Chris

cmpman1974 said:
WOW, those Morougas are incredible. They have an extremly unusual aroma. TrinnieHottie said they were hot, but not incredibly so. She must have an iron tongue! One bite and I was running for milk! They're intense heat that knocks you off your chair immediately. It doesn't last as long as other varieties.

Chris

cant wait to try now..:shocked:..Cheers for the Hot Warning :lol:

I just tried a Morouga red and wow its a hottie:mouthonfire: When I cut the pod open I was pleasantly surprised to see a nice puddle of hot lava sitting in the bottom. After seeing this I touched my tounge to the knife I used to get a tiny sample and this was enough to light me up for a few seconds. After this I tried a nice sliver and that really lit my mouth and throat on fire. It had a nice flavor too, I'd say a little smokey and less fruity than other red C. chinense types.
(Stops for another sample)
Ok It doesn't seem as hot this time, and the burn doesn't last too long but I'm liking the flavor and the smell. Not as harsh a burn or flavor as some of the super hotties and not a lengthy burn but it sure is nice.

Here's a pic but you can't really see the liquid inside

And here's some pods ripening

Back