misc Help Finding Certain Cards

Perhaps a weird question but, I have had no luck finding this product on my own. Maybe someone has used them or has better Google-Fu.

My friend has a small restaurant and  I would like to offer cards similar to these when selling my sauces there http://www.peeladeal.com/products.php?code=pad_boxtopper&prod=Box%20Topper%20/%20Pull-Off%20Cardbut, would like to make them myself.

I have found adhesive cards at varying mil thickness but, none with the scored boxes. I am thinking that maybe they are not pre-scored but, if not how is the scoring done?

**I happen to have an ID printer so, if I can figure this out it would be much cheaper.

:welcome: to THP.

first reaction is- you are probably looking at a very small number, I'd print up a nice looking coupon card and use scotch tape or a rubber band.  Even punch a small hole in the corner and tie it on with a nice piece of twine,raffia, or such. 

A professional print shop can do perforated tags, custom shapes, you name it.  Maybe check out all the label stock places online for peel-off labels.  You might find something similar.

Good Luck!
SL

i would take salaslady's advice, would with a paper type stock.

your id printer is designed for pvc plastic card stock in what is called a cr80 style(credit card size), this can come in a few thickness options and the only variations i have seen that can run through a card printer is a keychain tag. this has 3 keychain tags joined to create a cr80 credit card size. so, this can be purchased in a blank stock and with a hole perforation in each tag, the problem with prepunched holes is the burring that can occur around the hole and will scratch your printhead but you can get just a perf'ed hole that hasn't been punched out and you press the perf to knock out the hole.

the fancy card types you see like the one you supplied are custom dies and then usually patented. they don't run through a id card printer. i am looking at my new petsmart petperks membership card that has 1 credit card size card and two keychain cards attached below it, comes in a 3.25"W X 4.10"L shape. a different technology makes these types of cards - offset printing.

here is a video(made in new england) to see how these types of cards are made:
http://www.abnote.com/resources/videos

hope you find some of this information useful.

Just to be clear, the purpose of these peel-off stickers is a discount coupon that the customer will take off the package and use for the next purchase.  Is this correct?

First note is, please be properly licensed before selling to anyone, anywhere.  You did not elaborate on that item, so I will assume that if you are selling through a local restaurant, you have done what your local health district stipulates for such a venture. 

If you are looking to attach a discount coupon to a bottle, how and where will the customer redeem the coupon?  At the restaurant where they bought the original bottle?  on your website where the coupon links to a code saying they bought a bottle at XYZ Restaurant and want 10% off on their online order?

I'm not getting how investing time and $$$ in peel-off stickers will net you a return for the effort.  Selling a couple cases a year through the local friendly restaurant will not a hot sauce empire make.

Translation- focus elsewhere for your sales.  Even online sales of hot sauces won't make you independently wealthy if that is the only venue being used. 

:shrug:

Probably be much cheaper to just purchase a hole punch and punch the card as the offers are used rather than have a peel off portion for each promo. Would work the same and you don't need the specific (Expensive) cards. Unless you need the coupon portion for some accounting reason but for a small restaurant that is selling a product I doubt you would need to limit redemption of the offer (assuming you are still making a profit from the sale and not taking a loss fro marketing reasons (ie. having one of the offers be for a free product or under cost price that you need an exact number of coupons and need to track every one redeemed to prevent misuse)

Back