• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Help - How do I mend this?

I have a branch this is close to falling off.  The problem is that a developing pod is on he bottom of the branch.  I need this to stay attached long enough for the pod to ripen.  I'm just noticing the break now—Not sure how long it has been like this for, but since it is attached a little, I assume that the pod is still getting nutrients from the last of the plant and is developing normally.  I'm afraid to touch the branch for fear of breaking it.  Is there some recommended way to mend it?

It probably is still getting nutes and water through the last bit of skin there. But good luck getting it to heal while its fruiting. It'll prolly speed up ripening now though.

What's one pod really? Wouldn't it be better to cut the branch? That way the plant can use it's energy toro mote more growth. Just saying. I know it hurts but sometimes we just have yo bite the bullet. Things happen. I once had a tomato plant split in half. Hurt for the moment but now somewhat smaller but producing more fruit. Not saying it was the because of the branches broken off but kinda made sense after.

i had that happen to my chocolate lava ( my fault taking it out of the garage ) but i used a popsicle stick tied it at both ends with nylon stocking been mended for a month ! it was a big branch . last year i had a branch loaded with jays peach scorp/ghost pods about 20 , broke like yours due to weight , i just left it to ripen .      :onfire:

I had a few break like that last year, but more towards the bottom.  I propped up the broken end with a small stake, to provide support, then gorilla taped where it split. I worked for most of them.

romy6 said:
 Stake it and tape it . Happens a lot to me . Some you save some you loose . 

Also could just trim the branch right after the pod and remove all leaves from that branch so that the only thing using any nutes on that branch is the pod - rather than it trying to keep the branch growing and feeding the leaves on it. - or just cut it off at the break - figure in the long run the one pod isn't really gonna effect you that much and the energy spent trying to save the one pod might even cost you several others that would have grown.

Back