• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

Jigsaw?

This one is supposed to be a Fatalii Gourmet Jigsaw. The pods start out purplish, fade to green then become orange before finally turning red. The stems and veins in the leaves are unusually dark too.

Do you think it's a cross, or just some off-pheno variation?

20718070656_7c02188c76_h_d.jpg

I do not think they ended all that far off.  Check Fatalii Net here for their photos http://www.fatalii.net/FG_Jigsaw

Maybe one of the plants crossed to create the jigsaw had that trait and you stumbled upon some dna that leans towards that side of the family.  We know one of the parent plants was Moruga Scorpion but not the other.

Trick now is to think of peppers that mature purple, green, orange, and then red.  Did they start off purple or green and then go purple. 

ajdrew said:
Trick now is to think of peppers that mature purple, green, orange, and then red.  Did they start off purple or green and then go purple. 

Looks like green then purple then orange then red?

edit: looks pretty close - 

1.jpg

The opposite facing pair on the right of the f.net pic look a lot like the pair in the bottom right frame to me.  

Purple then green, orange, red is just plain cool.  I am trying to think of a pepper that does that.  I am going to start watching my purple bells.  If they go too long, they start to go red but I dont remember a green in between.  I think I am at a loss here.  Anyone know one that starts off purple and then goes green, orange, red?

SmokenFire said:

Looks like green then purple then orange then red?

edit: looks pretty close - 

1.jpg

The opposite facing pair on the right of the f.net pic look a lot like the pair in the bottom right frame to me.  
Interesting. Here's a cross I'm working on:

Mine don't turn purple. They are very hot, and EXTREMELY fruity....like a fresh fruit.

image_zpsvgkdulcq.jpg
[/URL

Amazing the little things one picks up around here sometimes:

image_zpspyboamg4.jpg

ajdrew said:
I do not think they ended all that far off.  Check Fatalii Net here for their photos http://www.fatalii.net/FG_Jigsaw

Maybe one of the plants crossed to create the jigsaw had that trait and you stumbled upon some dna that leans towards that side of the family.  We know one of the parent plants was Moruga Scorpion but not the other.

It's stable (grown out) yellow bhut x red moruga scorpion, fwiw. I'll venture to guess the "jigsaw fatalii" is the same thing.
Ps. I always love a little drama. Like what that fatalii guy is thinking as he is pouring his jack and coke right now...maybe the wifee can ask him to take out the garbage right after he reads this post... Cheers, Doc

On a sidenote, as a biology guy...I'll bet he didn't grow out his bhut or moruga, so it's a variety with a lot of variation. Either that, or it's showing recessive genes in the purple and flavor traits expressed. I'd assume that any seed from the subspecies is questionable as to growing true. Hell, let's have another Here, Here boys...to the kids who will always provide us with ammunition for our guns.... ((So glad I spent 13 years running breeding projects with endangered species))...Michael

ajdrew said:
Purple then green, orange, red is just plain cool.  I am trying to think of a pepper that does that.  I am going to start watching my purple bells.  If they go too long, they start to go red but I dont remember a green in between.  I think I am at a loss here.  Anyone know one that starts off purple and then goes green, orange, red?

Stupid question from me:

There isnt any peppers that starts purple then go green then orange and so on?

Back