• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

Boy did I do something dumb.

I was having a great evening. Made a nice meal of grilled chicken, pasta, and fresh corn on the cob. Been here reading and posting, watching US women's volleyball, and enjoying the vodka and tonic with fresh lime I made. Then it happened, I got the urge for Defcon wings. So I mixed up my usual mix of Defcon 1 and DM MKII and dropped a dozen wings. Then I got the bright idea to put some of my pepper powder in it. And some cajun seasoning AND one of the habs I picked tonight. WHOA! I am going to have to put them in the oven to bake a while (that seems to tame them down a little).

HOT!!! I don't know if I used too much DM MKII or if it was just the combination of all the ingredients. I just took them out of the oven and ate two. They are still too hot (temperaturewise) to eat. I think I'll be ok but I'll pay for this tomorrow.

Sounds good mate. :-)

I may have ya beat for dumb though....

I put a dried Bih Jolokia in a pint of Jack Daniels to rehydrate w/ booze just for fun and perverse experimentation. :twisted:

We'll see how it is in a few days. Hehehehe.

-QS

ImpyChick said:
You'll have to let us know how they turn out :).

I really gotta order me some Defcon...

Defcon is some great sauce Excellent on chicken...

Those wings sound pretty nuclear :flamethrower: You might be able to strip paint off of your car with 'em...:P

QuadShotz said:

I put a dried Bih Jolokia in a pint of Jack Daniels to rehydrate w/ booze just for fun and perverse experimentation. :twisted:

-QS

You are game, i put a Scotch Bonnet in a bottle of tequila, i found it nearly un-drinkable, however being the "unwasteful" type it got drunk. Tasted nice but real hot.

Yea buddy... ;)

It will be used, in some fashion at least. (I cook too)

Nahhh, I'll down it most likely. I'm a scot-irish chilehead..cmon now...

There is no wasting of booze around here....heheh.

QS if anyone can handle it I'm sure you can buddy. I suggest a video. I have never tried it with whiskey. I usually make pepper vodka, but I prefer serranos and thais. They make a very tasty but not too hot vodka. I did make it with tequilla and habs before and it was extremely hot. I drank it all, but it took a long time to drink that bottle. Mostly tortured my unsuspecting friends. Oh and as an update to the wings. Turns out they weren't as hot as I initially thought. I ate them all and had no ill effects this morning. Baking them did tame them down a bit.

I did a stupid too lol I had a baggie that used to contain potawies hickory smoked naga powder..I thought I threw it out seen it picked it up and threw it out..lol went to the bathroom..need I say more??

Yeah one thing, how can I get some of that??? Potawie? Or IGG whatever you're going by these days? No wait that's Omri and Sickmont that have become IGG clones. I am so confused. Should not be reading all this while drinking. Anyone who doesn't get what I am talking about read the "Blairs" post.

JayT said:
Yeah one thing, how can I get some of that??? Potawie? Or IGG whatever you're going by these days? No wait that's Omri and Sickmont that have become IGG clones. I am so confused. Should not be reading all this while drinking. Anyone who doesn't get what I am talking about read the "Blairs" post.

I wondered what that was all about, thought i was going crazzzy!!:lol:

QuadShotz said:

-QS
Keep us posted...:mouthonfire:

Here ya go:

bih-whisky.jpg

It's only been a few days now, but I tried like a 1/4 tsp of it and it's still burning....Nice flavor and hotter than hell too.

Should be fun for cooking and general annihilation. :D

-QS

Muuhhaaahhaahaha...errr, I mean thanks!

It's quite good actually..Bih doesn't have a strong flavor of it's own, but packs a wallop of heat. It's fun. :D

Dumb? Sounds awesome to me! Why do I come on this forum late while I don't have any way to cook anything? Can't wait to have my own kitchen again.

Back