• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

The Pacific Northwest GLOG 2016

Today launches The Pacific Northwest GLOG 2016, geared towards growers from this region. 

Oregon
Washington
Alaska
Northern California
Idaho
Montana
Wyoming
British Columbia

I am from the Rogue Valley, in southern Oregon.  Here's the Rogue River in Winter.

It's only 12/15, but maybe you guys have your lists made up already.  Not me, yet.  All I know for sure this season is, no chinenses, and less of everything else.  Might go heavier on the New Mex varieties.   

Wow, what a beautiful spot you have. I can see sitting down with the Misses (or just myself) with a bottle of wine (or a case of beer depending on the mood) on the deck and just relaxing. Life is treating you well Roguejim!

bpiela said:
Wow, what a beautiful spot you have. I can see sitting down with the Misses (or just myself) with a bottle of wine (or a case of beer depending on the mood) on the deck and just relaxing. Life is treating you well Roguejim!
No complaints.  Actually, we almost never go down there.  We sit above, where the photos were taken from, just outside the house.

Woohoo 2016!!!!  Glad to see the new PNW Glog up and running

I just finalized my 2016 list and put in an order at pepper lovers for the seeds I didn't have.  Most are tried and true for me, but about a third are gonna be new for me to grow. 

C.flexuosum (2)
Aji Cito (1)
Aji Peruvian (1)
Aji Lemon (1)
Brazilian Starfish (1)
Large Thick Cayenne (6)
Jalapenos “Cracked" (6)
Guatemalan Red Rocoto (1)
Peru Bitdumi Rocoto (1)
Trinidad Scotch Bonnet (1)
Morouga Red Habanero (1)
Congo Trinidad (1)
Caribbean Red Habanero (1)
Yellow Fatalii  (2)
MOA (1)

Trinidad 7 Pod white (1)
Black Naga (1)
Jay’s Peach (1)

ColdSmoke said:

You could actually plunk (a style of bank fishing) from that deck...fresh steelhead on the smoker!
No way.  Too high up.
turbo said:

Woohoo 2016!!!!  Glad to see the new PNW Glog up and running

I just finalized my 2016 list and put in an order at pepper lovers for the seeds I didn't have.  Most are tried and true for me, but about a third are gonna be new for me to grow. 

C.flexuosum (2)
Aji Cito (1)
Aji Peruvian (1)
Aji Lemon (1)
Brazilian Starfish (1)
Large Thick Cayenne (6)
Jalapenos “Cracked" (6)
Guatemalan Red Rocoto (1)
Peru Bitdumi Rocoto (1)
Trinidad Scotch Bonnet (1)
Morouga Red Habanero (1)
Congo Trinidad (1)
Caribbean Red Habanero (1)
Yellow Fatalii  (2)
MOA (1)
Trinidad 7 Pod white (1)
Black Naga (1)
Jay’s Peach (1)

More, or less plants than 2015?
mpicante said:
Beautiful pic of the river.I noticed NO SMOG NOR GANGSTERS dont know if i could survive in that environment!
I'm from Sierra Madre/Pasadena.  Sometimes, I miss the food.

turbo said:

Aji Cito (1)
Jalapenos “Cracked" (6)
Black Naga (1)
I'll grow in 2016 these three varieties from PepperLover.com , as Paolo i'll follow your glog with interest.
Good luck for your 2016 season!

I'm linked to Pacific Northwest for two main reasons:
Poltrand Trail Blazers (I can still remember the finals vs Detroit, 1990, when I discovered NBA)
and Pearl Jam and Nirvana from Seattle, two bands that almost changed my life (I was a teenager)

I'll post my pics for sure.

Thanks again!

Yes indeed you can certainly find some great eating establishments in Pasadena and the surrounding areas.If you just want a burger well SLATERS isnt too shabby.Will be following you guys this season.

Roguejim said:

More, or less plants than 2015?

A few more than last year.  24 plants in the raised beds, same as last year.  24 plants seem just about perfect for me.  I'm gonna put 4 cayennes and 4 jalapenos in buckets though.  I can never seem to get enough of those :)

What about you?  More or less than last year? 

turbo said:

A few more than last year.  24 plants in the raised beds, same as last year.  24 plants seem just about perfect for me.  I'm gonna put 4 cayennes and 4 jalapenos in buckets though.  I can never seem to get enough of those :)

What about you?  More or less than last year? 
Less.  No chinenses, so I have plenty of time to make up my list.
mpicante said:
Yes indeed you can certainly find some great eating establishments in Pasadena and the surrounding areas.If you just want a burger well SLATERS isnt too shabby.Will be following you guys this season.
I was thinking more like King Taco (East L.A). :mope:

grispa72 said:
I'm linked to Pacific Northwest for two main reasons:
Poltrand Trail Blazers (I can still remember the finals vs Detroit, 1990, when I discovered NBA)
and Pearl Jam and Nirvana from Seattle, two bands that almost changed my life (I was a teenager)

I'll post my pics for sure.

Thanks again!
I think you and oban should start an Italy Glog, or European Glog, just for fun.  I bet you'd get a lot of attention.  Just a thought.

Roguejim said:
Less.  No chinenses, so I have plenty of time to make up my list.
I was thinking more like King Taco (East L.A). :mope:

I think you and oban should start an Italy Glog, or European Glog, just for fun.  I bet you'd get a lot of attention.  Just a thought.
Well, very good idea. I'll write to Oban to discuss!
Thanks!

Paolo

Here is my current list for 2016, much different than last year

Titan jalapeno
Regular jalapeno
Giant jalapeno

Habanero one variety

Aji fantasy
Aji Colorado

Large thick cayenne
Fresno
Pasilla de oaxaca
Anaheim
Serrano
Poblano
Pimento
Paprika hot

Thai pepper

Bishops crown
Brazilian star fish

Hatch

Trinidad purfume
Elephants ear

Aji rosita red
Aji rosita yellow
Aji llaneron
Aji margariteno
Aji jobito
Aji pepon

Ancho
Aleppo

Shishito
Numex sandia select

It's great to see this GLOG back for 2016!  I followed as a noobie last year and gathered a lot of great information..... thank you!  My first question to start the new season:  when is everyone going to start he seedling process?   I started too late last year and my crop petered out.  

Back