• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

seeds seedling from nursery and hydroponics question

Hi folks.... welcome to Friday....

I have ghost and brain strain seedlings I purchased from our local nursery I want to put in my hydroponics setup. I am new to hydroponics and am wondering if I should be 'pulling' some roots through the net cup so they are in the nutrient solution or just 'plant' it like you would in soil and let the roots find their way through the net cup on their own??

I understand you need to use the clay balls and I have lots of them and how they work and I also understand that the nutrient solution should be covering a bit of the net cup.. I am using a DWC setup under grow lights...

Thanks

I'm not a hydroponic grower so someone should know better, but in my experience, you can do both but if the soil touches the water, it could change it's PH, I think it's better to remove the roots completely from the soil and put them on the clay balls, in the netcup and put some of the roots underwater but not all of the roots. just be careful to not burn the roots with the nutrients. at first use a half strength solution. 

Back