Chilli has something wrong with it

My chillis just before they start to ripen and become red this is starting to happen to only one area of chillii think the flesh is dying does anyone know why it's occurring and how to fix it thx

Dino said:
My chillis just before they start to ripen and become red this is starting to happen to only one area of chillii think the flesh is dying does anyone know why it's occurring and how to fix it thx
:welcome:  Post a picture of what's going on and i'm sure someone will have some advice for you.

Here's photo

Attachments

• IMG_2209.JPG
    IMG_2209.JPG
    43.7 KB · Views: 63
I'm in Melbourne Australia our climate is 4 season in one day lol, it's summer here but one day it may be 37 next day is 22 our weather is temperate

That's kinda why i'm leaning towards sun scald as opposed to BER. I've had BER before and based on the OP location, I'm thinking sun scald.

That's a good article though voodoo. I lost 6 plants worth of squash last season to BER, It's a bitch.

Right on, guess its a calcium deficiency. The plant walls are built by calcium so a deficiency would lead to this.

So assuming that it is BER, can I at least recommend some sun protection to rule out sun scald? That hot Australian sun is no joke and I think that supplementing with calcium and a sun shade would be a good idea. Neither would hurt and you could rule out both problems very easily.. Keep in mind though that calcium deficiency isn't as easily solved and takes time to make a difference in the plant after supplementation.  

Back