#1 Gemini Crow Sauce Company

Gemini Crow Sauce Company

Heating Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 447 posts
  • aka:Crow

Posted 11 February 2018 - 05:15 PM

So, tweaking my labels...(yet again), and what I have come up with in my mind does not leave proper room for a 'flavor' profile in the center panel of the label.

Here is a current sample of my label...

JackTheReaper_Label_2017.jpg

I have 'Pineapple & Carolina Reaper Peppers' front and center.....

I've done my list of pro's and cons, and my two big points that kept coming to me were....

1. Having the flavor profile front and center (like they are), allows for the customer to have an immediate reaction to the sauce..... Love it , look further, and purchase.....Or immediately dismiss  (maybe they dont like Pineapple, etc...)

2. Putting the flavor profile within the romance text instead, forces the customer to pay nore attention to the sauce...pick up the bottle, read the romance text and or ingredients and then make a decision.....no immediate yes or no......every sauce is almost on the same playing field...allows for more seller/customer conversation....more interaction...forces the deller to 'sell the sauce'....

i see and agree with both sides....went through my collection of sauces and see labels that have the flavor profile front and center..and plenty that don't...

what are your pro's and cons of keeping the flavor profile upfront as opposed moving it to the left?

www.geminicrow.com || crow@geminicrow.com

Join our mailing list @ www.geminicrow.com/pages/about-us - WEEKLY DRAWINGS FOR A FREE BOTTLE OF SAUCE!

#1A Guest

• Pip
  • 1 post

#2 The Hot Pepper

The Hot Pepper

On Fire!

• Administrators
  • 42,831 posts
  • aka:Pookie
  • (x3)

Posted 11 February 2018 - 05:28 PM

Big believer in selling your sauce in the descriptor but keeping it short. For example you say this is a pineapple reaper sauce but that still does not convey much. It's just a listing of two ingredients. Is it sweet? Is it smoky? Did you roast anything? Fire roast? Age? Ferment? Is it tropical? Thai? Curry? Etc. But listing two ingredients unfortunately does not say a lot.

Let's take pasta sauce for example:

Ragu

Red Pepper Garlic Sauce

Boring!!!!!!!! 

Ragu

Homestyle Thick & Hearty Roasted Red Peppers & Garlic Sauce

(That is a real world example I went to Ragu.com lol)

Not really sure I want to try any pickled meat. I will stick with Bosss cucumber.

#3 The Hot Pepper

The Hot Pepper

On Fire!

• Administrators
  • 42,831 posts
  • (x3)

Posted 11 February 2018 - 05:33 PM

Lucky Dog does this well.

As do most commercial BBQ sauces, think about all the different flavor profiles of BBQ. Honey, roasted garlic, etc. This needs to be on the front. :)

Not really sure I want to try any pickled meat. I will stick with Bosss cucumber.

#4 Crispee-FL

Crispee-FL

Heating Up

• Extreme
  • 479 posts
  • aka:Crispee

Posted 11 February 2018 - 05:34 PM

I am in the #1 camp. I think of my own shopping habits I like to see what the flavor is, then I go to the ingredients, very rarely read the pitch on the side until after I make the purchase.

#5 Edmick

Edmick

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,675 posts

Posted 11 February 2018 - 05:53 PM

I would buy it the way it is but I would think the mango should be included on the front also. Perhaps something along the lines of "A sweet and fiery blend of fresh pineapple, mango and carolina reaper peppers"

"If you are buying used underwear well maybe this is not for you!"- The Hot Pepper

#6 The Hot Pepper

The Hot Pepper

On Fire!

• Administrators
  • 42,831 posts
  • (x3)

Posted 11 February 2018 - 05:54 PM

Exactly. Shit like that sells it. ;)

#7 Gemini Crow Sauce Company

Gemini Crow Sauce Company

Heating Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 447 posts
  • aka:Crow

Posted 11 February 2018 - 06:07 PM

I'm not against keeping it front and center. 

Most people don't read the romance text...Always seems a little hokey to me anyway, including mine...

but a clearer more direct briefer description on the left is the goal...

www.geminicrow.com || crow@geminicrow.com

Join our mailing list @ www.geminicrow.com/pages/about-us - WEEKLY DRAWINGS FOR A FREE BOTTLE OF SAUCE!

#8 Edmick

Edmick

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,675 posts

Posted 11 February 2018 - 06:21 PM

I'm also noticing that with a heat index of 3.5/5 and mention of throat ravaging, may not match up too well. That statement might be a little too strong and intimidating. A heat index of 3.5/5 does not connote throat ravaging in my opinion.

"If you are buying used underwear well maybe this is not for you!"- The Hot Pepper

#9 MikeUSMC

MikeUSMC

Smokin' Hot

• Extreme
  • 2,427 posts
  • aka:Iron Mike

Posted 11 February 2018 - 06:25 PM

I can't dole out advice, one way or another, but I absolutely read the romance panel on hot sauce before purchasing FWIW
GIVE WAR A CHANCE

#10 Edmick

Edmick

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,675 posts

Posted 11 February 2018 - 06:37 PM

I read the whole bottle also. I love the art and clever descriptions almost as much as I love what's inside. I'm a weirdo though so I can't say everyone does the same.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests