2 replies to this topic

#1 AndyW

AndyW

Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 514 posts

Posted 14 July 2018 - 12:26 AM

So I never had any luck with using cut up blinds as plant tags. No matter what I tried, everything seemed to just rub or rinse right off. I also didn't want to invest in metal tags, so I came up with a cheaper solution. It also avoids any runoff of nail polish for those who use that method to preserve writing on vinyl tags.
Materials: paper, pen, scissors, twist ties

There's probably no need for a step by step instruction, but why not?

Step 1: fold the paper

Step 2: write out all of your varieties (remember, one for each plant, not each variety!)

xsNwjJH.jpg

Step 3: cut out each section (I lost my scissors and I'm lazy so I just tore the paper)

fmfRtxj.jpg

Step 4: get your baggies and use a nail or something similar to put a hole through the top above the seal

G1F17rS.jpg

Step 5: put a twist tie, yarn, or anything else through the hole and secure it.

BpIxfs3.jpg
hD3URm4.jpg

This is super self-explanatory and it's tedious, but I hadn't thought of it until now so maybe one other person might benefit from it.

#1A Guest

• Pip
  • 1 post

#2 Walchit

Walchit

Smokin' Hot

• Extreme
  • 1,962 posts
  • aka:Bhuthead Andy

Posted 14 July 2018 - 04:03 AM

Looks like a decent idea! My miniblind tags are working out alright. They are kinda flimsy though when you go to put them in the ground. I used #2 pencil to write on them, as advised by a forum member. The sun doesn't fade out your ink that way. 

#3 The_NorthEast_ChileMan

The_NorthEast_ChileMan

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,075 posts
  • aka:NECM

Posted 14 July 2018 - 06:42 AM

`

I always had issues with my old method, Plastic Plant Tags , even when I put two in the 5 gal. pails I use, they always seemed to disappear. I looked for a different method and found White Plastic Plant Tree Tags which I put around the handle.

OoSZDP3.jpg

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests