• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

What’s Happening Here?

Hello all, Ive been growing peppers successfully in pots over the last few years. Ive dealt with aphids in the past but havent seen this issue before. This last week Ive seen the top leaves on my peppers shriveled looking. The lower leaves seem ok. They are not dry feeling and I cant see any pests with the naked eye. Before this they seemed very healthy and were just starting to produce plenty of pods.

As a side note, I did pull a lower leaf off today that looked bad (see pic) a correlation?

Any thoughts? Please ask questions if you need any further info. I really dont like to see my babies going down hill like this. :)

Thanks in advance!

D9AAA4D3-E76C-4C3B-836B-2DA12E13DF6F.jpeg

5E857A57-1C91-4ED0-9CEF-3AE2943C72A4.jpeg

E8127E99-285B-434E-999C-7649F401F4AF.jpeg

1C271AE2-F47B-4E64-B7FC-AC42BB044747.jpeg

Looks like a nutrient issue. what are you feeding and how much how often? 

When was the last time you fed and how long have you noticed the foliage issues?

Thanks for the responses!

@The_Northeast_Chileman - thanks for the links Ill be sure to read through them. I did some searching and found a few things buried deep in threads. I wasnt sure how to really describe it in search terms.

@Capcom - Ive been feeding them every other watering with a 7-9-5 Dyna gro. Gradually bringing then up to full strength. The off feed watering times Ill hit them with Epsom salt foliar feeding, 1 teaspoon per liter.

@Hybrid Mode - Ive wondered about root rot issues. The 3 impacted plants are always heavy, like bad drainage. I even added a lot of extra holes to the bottoms this year before planting. The medium I used is Miracle Gro moisture control potting soil.

Hmmm. More to come......

Thanks again!

First thing you need to do, is stop spraying with Epsom.  There's really no need for that at all.  Especially not with that fertilizer.  Where you have an unknown issue at work, the first thing to do, is stop doing the most unconventional or unnecessary thing.  The Epsom spray just happens to be it. 
I almost replied to this before, but didn't, because I wasn't sure, and wanted to see if others would weigh in with the suggestion that you may be overwatering.  I though I saw some signs of edema in your first and second pic.
You shouldn't have a problem with fungus gnats with a plant that size.  But I have to ask if those leaves are just daytime wilting, or if they always look like that?
Is that yellowing/chlorotic looking leaf a one-off, or are there lots of them?
If your pots are heavy and waterlogged, no amount of holes will increase drainage.  That can only be changed with new media, or a different watering schedule.

Back