• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

pod what are these? Supposed to be Charapita

OK folks...
image1.jpeg
image2.jpeg
I got the seeds from Amazon, under the impression I was getting Charapita peppers.  these are NOT Charapita.  heres what I can tell you:

1. Pods grow upright
2. Immature pods are green
3. Resembles a tiny bell pepper
4. Nice bite somewhere between a cayenne or Tabasco and a weak habenero

not a bode pepper either.  Any clues would be welcomed.... Thanks 

Those are definitely not Aji Charapita.....I have grown Aji Charapita a few times and that is not them....sorry but I do not know what you have.

Those are definitely not Aji Charapita.....I have grown Aji Charapita a few times and that is not them....sorry but I do not know what you have.

Amazon/EBay = bad place to buy seeds

Many reputable vendors here. Texas Hot Peppers usually has an ad going, also whitehotpeppers.com and peppersbymail.com

Just an FYI despite what you may have heard you cant sell Aji Charapita for $20k/pound

$20 a pound?.... Dang i'm in the wrong business  :rofl:   lol 
No.....I seen them on Bizarre Foods and have wanted to try them ever since.  sorry for the bad picture quality yall.   but it's dark when i leave for work, and get home.  :-( 

pepper flower.jpg

Happy Harry Habanero said:
$20 a pound?.... Dang i'm in the wrong business  :rofl:   lol 
No.....I seen them on Bizarre Foods and have wanted to try them ever since.  sorry for the bad picture quality yall.   but it's dark when i leave for work, and get home.  :-( 

attachicon.gif
pepper flower.jpg

For kicks I did a quick google search...just about brought my coffee through my nose when I clicked on this link.

http://www.ghost-powder.com/fresh-aji-charapita-pods.html

Is this for realz folks?

well if the peppers breed true and are not some F1 variant, and...nobody can identify them, ill just make up a name for myself next growing season.  I'm kinda liking  "Wutdat" pepper....as in  what is that?  :party:

ok I finally got a picture in daylight when the flower was open
`
Review pix of C. baccatum here. Now you know why pic of flower important to ID, your plant a C. annuum but running c. annuum grows upright through GOOGLE images coming up empty. Can you post better pix of ripe fruit? One on the plant and a ripe pod with a quarter for sizing.  In looking at your 2nd pic and description of 3. Resembles a tiny bell pepper I'm intrigued with the bottom of the pepper. The bottom of a bell can take many forms, see below, but the depth of the clefts in your pic are amazing so if the ripe pods still exhibit it I'd like see that in a pic.

`
x7dSKpt.jpg

`
well if the peppers breed true and are not some F1 variant, and...nobody can identify them, ill just make up a name for myself next growing season.  I'm kinda liking  "Wutdat" pepper....as in  what is that?  :party:
`

Some of us here believe this practice not in the best interest of long term chileheads and if you read through "Sunshine Chili" you'll note the OP received them as such, claims "but that is not a real name, and he doesn't know real name also" yet if you scroll to my recent post ......Maybe?.... So when you post "the peppers breed true and are not some F1 variant" remember it takes a number of isolated seasonal grows to confirm a pepper is stabilized.

dxbBE59.jpg

`

The_NorthEast_ChileMan said:

"Some of us here believe this practice not in the best interest of long term chileheads"

Tongue in cheek humor boss  :dance:     BUT!    I am digging the chart immensely !!!! I've been contemplating  that after i get my greenhouse built.  Muchas Gracias for the info...not sure im THAT patient though  :tear:  BTW I should have a few more pictures tomorrow, IF there is any more mature ones. :party:

The_NorthEast_ChileMan said:
`
. Can you post better pix of ripe fruit? One on the plant and a ripe pod with a quarter for sizing. 

`

Alrighty sir.    As requested!    I appreciate all the trouble your taking to help.  :P
oh btw   it does appear that the folds on the bottom start to smooth out as the fruit ripens... there's only one ripe right now but plenty of green ones now that the summer heat has let up.  Also it looks like I might actual have a charapita bush in there as well.  Their fruit is definitely rounded, but still green right now.  So whatever the heck I have growing, it obvious they don't like real Texas heat when it comes time to set fruit out.  But they are good in an omelet!

Attachments

• IMG_1314.JPG
    IMG_1314.JPG
    105.4 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_1315.JPG
    IMG_1315.JPG
    110.5 KB · Views: 94
Back