• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

annuum My miniature jalapenos

None of the plants in this pot did very well, they were in a different potting mix (miracle gro organic i think). They look worse than normal in this pic because I took it today, 11/16 and they aren't getting hardly any sun anymore since my balcony faces east.

3035702377_aa33f2497b_o.jpg

And check out the fruit and dirty keyboard:
3036536662_128e7d8a76_o.jpg

These little bastards are HOT too. Much hotter than a normal jalapeno or even the other jalapenos I grew which are the same variety. Guess it just helps prove the theory that stressed plants produce hotter pods. I'm thinking about bonchi'ing this plant. Doesn't have a very thick stem tho... so maybe use a different one of my plants.

That plant looks like one of several TAM's that I had growing last year. The peppers came out just like yours and just as small. I finally gave up on them and killed the last of them. Damned hags they were. I am doing so well with the pequins and habs, I may not go back to ever growing jalapeno's.

Cheers, TB.

I had 2 jalapenos growing last season. 1 was in a pot and the other was in the ground (both seeds were from the same pod)...

The plant in the pot only got half day sun and the fruit stayed small like yours, but the one in the ground got all day sun and the fruit was 3 times the size in some cases.....

P.S. Congrats to texas blues on 1000 posts...

texas blues congratulations on a Thousand Posts,Txclosetgrower we where talking about some poor strains of Jalapenos elsewhere and how people where getting poor results,Although some of the normal Strains got some great results..The miracle grow Organic soil is some of the worst i used myself this year very poor indeed and lot of gardeners sent complaints in about composition and quality..So im sure that didn't help you any :(

fineexampl said:
Someone does ALOT of one handed typing.

/me mails a splash guard and a box of tissues for Txcg

:lol:

Lol if you're hating on my dirty ass keyboard, this was my girlfriend's laptop up til about a week ago when she gave it to me :shocked: Hope she don't need a splash guard lol.

My god, that is tiny. I had this happen to a Early Jalapeno that I had overwintered than transplanted....it just produced small peppers then stopped producing.

Back