• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Wiri's 2020 Vision of Wild(s)

Well it's about time to step up at home plate & present my Wild line-up card.Many players
added will  shore up my batting line-up courtesy of CD, hopefully  hit  a few dingers,go
yard ,clear the bases and  in the end have a # of  web gems to show off.So let the games begin.

Many are proven big leaguers so that should put me ahead of the count,right!And I promise to
play clean,without cheating absolutely no (base) stealing...no, not gonna do it ;) ,speaking of;the
Astros cheating scandal grows with each passing week. :rofl: enjoying the humiliation thou'.
Another shoe is about to drop on a nearby team...can't wait for Spring Training to begin.

giphy.gif

These were  started on 1/28/20 using my  Aerogarden  lights only  so they're in soil.Don't
want to deal with tangled roots in transplanting to soil,so trying this way.

1,Tovarii  iso                                                
2.C Putapario op                                  
3.Lanceolatum 26C iso                                      
4.Rocopica Usda Cardenasii x Unk op                                         
5.Cap 1491 Eximium iso
6.Eximium not Buforum  CTB
7.Flexuosum Purple Pheno op
8.Dwarf Chilitepin        *** 1 hook 2/7
9.Cap 1491 Eximium op
10.Cardenasii Cgn   op
11.Flexuosum Purple Pheno iso
12.Cardenasii Usda iso

Seeds started 1/29/20   
13.Blue Mystery               **1 hook 2/7
14.Cardenasii USDA op
15.Cap 215  op  2016    (Microcarpum)
16.Pi 439528      2016    (Preatermissum)
17.Pequin annum var glabriusculum 2016        **1 hook 2/7
18.Cumari Pollux  2016
19.Galapagoense  age?

Started 2/2/20                                   
20./20.C. Flibu (guru)        
   Well I have a whole season to watch my plants grow & my baseball team win! Life is good.!
                      Here's my  NICU being closely monitored...Thanks for stopping by. ;)
n4SaJOM.jpg

Tybo said:
I see you are growing a lot of the same "wild ones" that I got from CD also.  I've had excellent germination from these seeds so I hope you have the same.
Thanks TYBO...yes..it should be an interesting grow year.

rghm1u20 said:
Nice list, Sandy! I hope in a year or two will play in the same league with you
I try to overwinter an Eximium and a Lanceolatum from your seeds. I hope this season will have peppers too, not only flowers.
Hope they produce pods this year Adrian,fingers xed.

CaneDog said:
Great to see what you have underway for the season, wiri. And good luck with the germinations!

I'm looking forward to seeing that Tovarii in pin-stripes!  :)
Keeping an eye on that there Tov..pin-stripes awaitin' to adorn. ;)

stickman said:
Germinating with an aerogarden and transplanting into soil works very well for me, I hope it does as well for you as well. Good luck with your 2020 grow Sandy. Cheers!

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk
Thanks Rick..welcome back.

Bookers said:
Cheers! Nice line up...

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Thanks B..and wishing you a healthy grow year.

Hope everyone  is well ,as some of  us confront  the stressors brought on by the situation/
crisis we find ourselves in..We're not out of the woods yet but I feel strongly the precautions in place
  will help reduce the spread..thou' painful as it.We in healthcare  are dealing with shortages of
basic equipment & staff  adding to the stress,but with rampant measures taken that should be alleviated
real soon..we can only do our best.We'll get thru' this together ,consider supplementing your diet with
Vitamins B6,C & E if you believe in such. ..helps boost your immunity..proven.

I have an update on my wilds which had been taking their on sweet time to show up..I did some tweaking after
consulting with my fellow wildie CD...& that has really helped..it amazes me how one seed germinates then 2 weeks
later another ..same conditions different sched./.I have grown wilds before but never so many @one time..so it's a
learning curve & I'm a forever student.Thanks again CD for your generosity & support. ;) replanted a smaller batch of 
seeds & replanted my C.FLIBU seeds along with 2 new ones..more on that down the line.
Despite lots of rain out in the box,had to cut the nails of 2  seedlings so that may show in my photos.
Group photos of wilds that have germinated just recent & .they are still newborns so they all look the same as they
adapt to life outside the box..when they grow a bit more I will do single file & show more..some  others are in the toddler
stage with more defining features/ more leaves.I also have 2 cardis USDA ..one iso  which is good as it takes 2 to tango.
I am patiently waiting on a single tovarii to germ  ..that being the ultimate endurance test for a wildie. :surprised:
YAUINAg.jpg
Above Blue Mystery2/cap 1491Examium/flexi purple2/dwarf chiltepin/cardi usda/2/cardi
Below many Bolivian Wild Red
tukEGrC.jpg

I planted 4 seeds of c. flibu on 2/2  came up empty by 3/2 so I dug around the soil & found them
& put them with2 new ones on 3/3 & then below was noted on 3/20/20...go figure ..yes there's 6 ..one hiding.
QuQCitw.jpg

Today all 6/6 are Wildly happy & heathy..will do a photo later. ;)   

Quite the wild ride you are on, Sandy!
I hope you have great success with them.

CD's the champ, alright. I could have a
grow just with the rocotos and wilds he
sent. Also got some Flibu from Guru, but
have to wait on them until next season. Drat!

The WiriWiri plant in my grow is looking good,
so great of you to share those about. The one
I'm growing is from some iso seed sent to me
by CD. Really looking forward to that one.

You stay safe and healthy. Thanks for your
efforts on behalf of everyone living through
this trying time. I really wish some folks would
take it more seriously instead of blaming it on
China, democrats, the media. None of that helps.

Wow, wiri, that bunch of wild starts looks fantastic!  I'm curious which the one in the bottom left corner is - is it the Dwarf Chiltepin?  And just amazing what happened with the flibu!  That must have been a wonderful surprise!

Thanks for everything you're doing and the good advice.  Hopefully the curve will flatten and medical resources and safety equipment will be more available to those who need them.

@PaulG - I'm glad to have contributed to your grow this season and very much appreciate what you've contributed to mine!  Those Wiri Wiri seeds you have were taken directly from seed pods Wiri sent to me, so you can be sure they're the real McCoy!

Hi CD...thanks! That is my first USDA Cardi non iso..I also now have  1 ISO to pair with.I'll take some better photos later on..so I'm getting there
Guess what! I noted 2 others..Lance 26 C just pushing thru & yet another..Rocopica Usda Cardi x unk.op..2 I don't have..just exciting to see..magic.

ppSrPUl.jpg

PaulG said:
Quite the wild ride you are on, Sandy!
I hope you have great success with them.

CD's the champ, alright. I could have a
grow just with the rocotos and wilds he
sent. Also got some Flibu from Guru, but
have to wait on them until next season. Drat!

The WiriWiri plant in my grow is looking good,
so great of you to share those about. The one
I'm growing is from some iso seed sent to me
by CD. Really looking forward to that one.

You stay safe and healthy. Thanks for your
efforts on behalf of everyone living through
this trying time. I really wish some folks would
take it more seriously instead of blaming it on
China, democrats, the media. None of that helps.
Hey Paul...thanks so much for what you said..it's nice to grow wilds...every sprout is an achievement & every pod will be a victory. ;)
I am so excited to grow these,I run home wondering if any new spouts will show up...something + to look forward to.I love the challenge & I must get it right...won't give up or give in...@ this time it helps me deal with what is going on too.& you know I love
a challenge...always looking to get my hands on a new wild. :drooling:
Hope you'll like the taste of the Wiri pepper..have wiris here there & everywhere..freezer/fridge..young starts.
The seeds came from a family who brought it from Guyana to Canada many moons ago,& by luck one of my brothers was
visiting them & took some of the pods & dispersed them ... can't tell you how long I was looking for the real one.. years.
I  recently got some seeds that another brother in Canada ,he said those were  for a bigger/ better aroma.I just germinated
the seeds so I will see how it turns out.If it is good I'll send you seeds..promise...I would say it sounds like Ma wiri wiri.
It is growing nicely so will see.Canada,more so Ontario has a lot of Guyanese people so it's a good source.

Now I could write you an essay  on my feelings ~ this crisis & the blame game..but instead I'll tell you as someone
who has experienced many shortages of supplies at work....this is by far the worst.Had the warning bell been taken
seriously in January & they had ramped up supplies that are needed with a respiratory infection with serious,life threaten
consequences..then we would have been in a better position..masks/gowns/vents/culture kits..staff,beds..now they have
many vents in the making..which is great right?Wrong..............who's gonna work with them??
.We don't have nowhere near the staff to manage vents,they are very complex pieces of equipment as you know Paul.You don't
 just put people & say work with this..had this not been so serious I would call it a laughable moment.
.I was sitting here & remember  what was termed "FAKE" news & not gonna happen here..well deal with it now,it's here 
so deal with it cause it's gonna be here for a while.China gave us pretty good warnings of what was happening in their country..

Can't blame anyone but the people  running the show for many of the ills(pun).Instead of massaging  egos& looking
to blame China/Democrats or the media.. should look  in the mirror.Its more ~picking fights with
the reporters and seeking praise...Lord help us all...It's so idiotic  the child-like behavior,just praise no blame.
.. really gets to my soul...incompetence abound...wake up people!
People risking their lives & those of their families to work in conditions while not preventable
could have placed us in a better position without compromising our health.
And it ain't going get better real soon..sadly so.  Nurses making their own masks /reusing same one many xs over.
Happens in a 3rd world country not the US,wrong.......but that's what you get when you have idiots running
the asylum.Wake up people.
My parting words to all I know"Say a prayer,stay indoors if you can,take some of those Vitamins to boost the immune
system& check in on love ones with a call as often as possible"..Stay well Paul...this will pass but the effects will
be felt for a very long time,decades...sadly so..

I think you are right, Sandy. We are going to see
deep societal changes once this is past. Although I
guess it will never really be past, the virus is becoming
endemic and will be with us forever. God bless the
people trying to find a treatment and a vaccine. And
god bless you and all the other health care workers
on the front lines. I wish you had more support more quickly.

Can’t (or don’t want to) comment on the political situation
and the partisan squabbling going on in the leadership
vacuum. Have been a registered independent for 55 years,
so I can complain about both parties! I just wish the ass-kissers
would go away.

Well...there's nothing  more excitin' than the signs of a successful wild germination.even if I had to wait it out,
replant/reseed then presenting C.Flibu,say what flibu !
 I kinda like those cumari wild types ..reminds me of wiris...cumari do para..just like wiri,found in the interior of Guyana near
the Brazilian border...someone sent it to me as a Yellow Wiriwiri..a couple of years ago..could be d/t proximity...been there
& just took a boat over to Brasalia..Rain Forest territory...saw orchids I've not seen before...awesome to behold,memories.
WMl0QGk.jpg

.I was expecting some others(cumaris) then disaster struck..can't get them.,duh.
Flibu will have to do ...6 @that. ;)

Back