• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

alkhall 2020

About 3 weeks late getting started this year, but I doubt it will make much difference.

Getting away from doing mostly super-hots and going with more 'edible' varieties.

2020 GROW
BELLS
CALIFORNIA WONDER
GREAT STUFF
HONEY CRISP
BIG DIPPER
RED MERCURY
ORANGE (SUPERMARKET BELL PEPPER)

JALAPENOS
JALAPENO EARLY
BIKER BILLY
JALAPENO M
BIG GUY

CAYENNE
JOES LONG
ECUADORAN HOT LEMON

HOTS

SCOTCH BONNET
SCOTCH BRAIN
SCOTCH BRAIN FL CROSS
GNARLY CHOCOLATE BHUT
SUPER BHUT (JW)
STAR SCREAM
LITTLE BASTARD
PEACH GHOST JAMI
CPR (FROM LAST YEARS PODS)
RED PRIMO (FROM LAST YEARS PODS)

I plan on doing lacto-ferment on a lot of Jalapenos, and also a few quarts of Scotch Brains/Scotch Bonnets.

Anyway, pics will follow.

Good luck and happy growing season to all.

EDIT: added  ORANGE BELL, CPR, RED PRIMO.

I also have two REAPER/NAGA MORICH and three CPR overwintered clones of last years plants.

Welcome to the 2020 season, Al!

Looking forward to seeing how you do
this year.

Two weeks in, about 50% germination, but most of the Bells are not popping,

Maybe seeds are too old? They are from 2015, but I have older Jalapeno seeds sprouting.

alkhall said:
Two weeks in, about 50% germination, but most of the Bells are not popping,

Maybe seeds are too old? They are from 2015, but I have older Jalapeno seeds sprouting.

I found that the best germination I get from Bells is from those 6-packs of hydroponic Red-Yellow-Orange Bells in the produce cooler at Costco. Right at 100% the last two years...

stettoman said:

I found that the best germination I get from Bells is from those 6-packs of hydroponic Red-Yellow-Orange Bells in the produce cooler at Costco. Right at 100% the last two years...

I have two plugs (four seeds) of a really nice, quite large, orange bell I got at Kroger last year that have all sprouted.

The others that have not germinated are Burpee and Ferry-Morse.

alkhall said:

Thanks, Paul.

Looks like you have quite a nice list this year.

The list looks better than my plants, Al!

I have always had good luck with market 
bell pepper seeds. Could be the freshness
factor.

PaulG said:

The list looks better than my plants, Al!

I have always had good luck with market 
bell pepper seeds. Could be the freshness
factor.

Actually, since the previous post, I have had a couple of the bells sprout, but not quite half of them.

It probably is age, the seeds being from 2015, while the store-bought pepper was from last summer.

Most have germinated.

Attachments

• 20200321_083734.jpg
    20200321_083734.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 98
Hi, Al! Great start! I see you have your fair share of annuums this year. I've had somebody send me seeds twice for Little Bastard. I'm guessing that's one they want me to have. I know nothing about it, but I'll be watching to see how yours turns out.

:woohoo:

Bhuter said:
Hi, Al! Great start! I see you have your fair share of annuums this year. I've had somebody send me seeds twice for Little Bastard. I'm guessing that's one they want me to have. I know nothing about it, but I'll be watching to see how yours turns out.

:woohoo:

Adam,

Thanks. I do not know about great, but definitely late. I am about a month behind my usual progress this year.

Anyway, are you doing a glog this year? I always enjoy your pod pics.

I will be sure post pics of the Little Bastard (I got the seeds from White Hot Peppers).

alkhall said:
Adam,

Thanks. I do not know about great, but definitely late. I am about a month behind my usual progress this year.

Anyway, are you doing a glog this year? I always enjoy your pod pics.

I will be sure post pics of the Little Bastard (I got the seeds from White Hot Peppers).
Thanks, Al!
I'm as far behind as I can be. I haven't started. So if I DO have a grow, it'll probably just be a few and mostly annuums.

Been a weird year so far...

I'm glad it's not hindering everybody!

EDIT:
I didn't want to look in the paper towels to see what was going on, but these are now germinated and in the dirt with a few more to come. Not sure how many more or if I'll keep at it....

Cinder F5
Volante
MustardGum NagaBrain
Purple BBG x 2
JPGS x Primo x 2
GSM
Brown Moruga
Black Panther
Berry Amarillo

So I might have a mini-glog. Lol.

Germination period ended.

Green means at least one of the two seeds in plug germinated.

Red means neither seed geminated.

S = date seed planted.

G = date seed germinated.

Disappointed that I did not get at least one Honey Crisp Bell, really wanted a yellow bell to go with the red, green, and orange.

Attachments

• TRAY MAP 2020 WITH DATES.JPG
    TRAY MAP 2020 WITH DATES.JPG
    82.8 KB · Views: 95
Looks like pretty good success overall, Al.

Good luck getting all those seedlings out
into the world!

Thanks Paul,

You know I always start too many.

Finishing potting up all into one quart pots, FFOCF as usual.

Will post pics later.

Target plant-out is May 30.

Same here. Really wish I didn’t have to wait two
more months with too many plants inside! 

Seedlings look good, Al, now they have some
room to grow until Spring! The clones are
healthy and happy as well. Looks like about
45 plants so far. Is this it for the season?

Paul,

Actually, I plan on planting about 30. The rest will be give-aways to friends.

Clones are doing great. I observed quite a bit of growth since moving them from the window where they have been since last fall to under the light. Although, they seem to be spreading horizontally with little or no vertical growth..

Back