• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in The Food Biz.

would love to get some input :)

i was looking  on amazong today at some  dried peppers  and decided i wanted to try my hand at making hot sauce  ...   welll i got this crazy idea     from doin   sonme research (very little if imn honest)   that alot of hot sauces     have a sweet component    and      and idea stuck me  like lighting  !      what about black garlic       its very sweet  so    i guess what i was wondering if anyone had made something similar    what spices did they use  ..    i was thinking a chipotle      black garlic hot sauce  

zackattack said:
i got this crazy idea     from doin   sonme research (very little if imn honest)   that alot of hot sauces    and idea stuck me  like lighting  !      what about black garlic      i guess what i was wondering if anyone had made something similar    what spices did they use  ..    i was thinking a chipotle      black garlic hot sauce  

I did a quick search, not much found..........

06.08.20_Black Garlic.jpg

It's been there done that, but that doesnt stop making new sauces. Kind of like chipotle. It was the 'latest greatest thing' at one time, but there are 1000's of chipotle sauces.

Take it and run with it if it's something you like.

One of the top award winning sauces of the last couple years. Just cuz its award winning....maybe you can do better!
http://cajohns.com/store/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=422#:~:text=The%20Black%20Garlic%20Sauce%20combines,sure%20to%20become%20yours%20too!&text=This%20versatile%20sauce%20works%20great,sauce%20and%20as%20a%20marinade.

Black garlic is nice to give a fermented taste to hot sauce. So it's a little cheat if you know that "fermented" flavor I speak of and are not fermenting the sauce itself. So yes go for it. I would keep the sauce simple. Black garlic is complex and you will ruin it if you cover it up with smoke. I'd do fresh peppers, vinegar, BG, a little onion, black pepper, and salt. A savory beast of a sauce. Mayyyyyyybe tomato. That's it!

Okay a hint of lemon can work here.

Just keep in mind you want the BG to shine. You don't go and make a margarita with a $400 bottle of tequila. So make sure the BG shines, or else, just use roasted garlic if you want a bunch of other flavors.

Mmm, black garlic. Has so much potential, but usually I buy a couple packages and just eat the cloves plain. I get cravings sometimes for black garlic, lol. Damn good. Would make an excellent sauce, as long as it can shine.

Back