• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Cold Frame

IMG_2409.jpg
IMG_2408.jpg
IMG_2407.jpg
IMG_2401.jpg

Since I never made it this far last year, I don't know what I would have done with out the cold frame it works great.I was afraid that Hardening off the plants would be another stumbling block for me.The cold frame is a very small scale spin off AJ's Greenhouse. The plants really love being outside. The nights have not been to cold I put a 250w heat lamp in there a couple of nights but temps have not dropped below 45 outside. Temps stay around 62 at night and 72-80 during the day inside the cold frame

Nice results!

Do you think you could post some info on how you made the cold frame? I'm interested in one for next season.

Also, How old are those plants?

Finally, is it heated? if so, how?

Sorry for all of the questions:)

Questions

No problem with the questions. I had three different start dates
1/4 1/22 and 2/3.The only heat is a 250w heat lamp facing away from the plants only at night if I see on the news that temps are going to go below 50 and when I first put the plants in so the temperature drop would not shock the plants, they came from growing under lights inside. The cold frame instructions is another thing I just goggled until I found an easy one that even I could build in one day.I am sorry I did not save the link if I can find it I will provide information. I did print it out so I could build it but at end of the day dog had shredded it all over the yard.

Back