I was wondering if anyone has seen this before and could tell me what caused it and what the prognosis is for my little seedling. It's happened in more than one of my seedlings unfortunately.
Here's the salient info:
- Narrowing occurred about 1cm (1/2 inch) above the soil line
- The roots did look a bit like they might have started to rot
- There wasn't the best drainage in the container and the soil was pretty dense
- I recently moved it outdoors, but was using a plastic tube to protect it from the wind.
- The plant itself looks very healthy, with no signs of yellowing, wilting, etc.
The pepper itself is just a plain old cayenne, so not too worried if I lose it.
- karoo likes this