• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

pests 1,000,000 aphids

I feel ya mega. I have aphids in my AERO. I took them all and washed them in the sink leaf by leaf. Put them back. Seemed like thy doubled in numbers.

may have missed this already.
But did you try hot pepper sauce, mixzed with water and a bit of dishsoap? used that mixture last year. soaked the crap outta a couple pepper trees, took a few days but all were gone after that.

hope you find a way to keep what you have.

mega,
I brought in 15 healthy plants in the fall, put in a wall heater, rigged up some lights to keep 'em allhappy and warm....and sure as $#*%.....aphids... indoors... in the middle of the winter...eating up the plants that were healthy outdoors....

NEVER seen an aphid on any of our indoor potted plants. :crazy: [sub]I shouldn't say thatcuz as soon as I do, you know what will show up!!![/sub]

I lost all but one, and that one I sprayed with (some commercial stuff I bought at the hardware store for bug/aphid infestations) It only took one application, and the bugs were gone.

I'd have to find the bottle in the daylight. Spray bottle bought at the Don'tDoIt center.

wasps work great and are cool to watch too.

http://www.tiptopbio...s_colemani.html

Video

http://video.nationa...wasp_parasitic/

Only problem with wasps is they run out of aphids and die off.
I usually keep a plant elsewhere to grow aphids on to keep the wasps around all winter.
The wasps will stay on your plants but eventually find the plant that is elsewhere.

Yup, wasps are the shiznit! They took care of my aphids for me. :D

Not really feasible for indoor grow though?

I had a ton of wasps on the plant when it was outside, and the plant still was looking stressed and there were tons of aphids. the wasps were working it over for probably 3 weeks while I sprayed it with water, hand squished, etc. Ended up with -

Bonide Eight insect control garden and home, ready to use

Nasal snuff, a (High Dry Toast variety for you TMV worriers), just sprinkle on the aphids and sit back and enjoy a pinch of snuff while you watch the aphids die. I got so pissed one day I resorted to this, and it worked. I just dont like wasting my snuff on the pests. Or alternate spraying of neem and insecticidal soap, or a hotsauce/garlic spray. As you can tell I hate aphids with a passion.

Nasal snuff, a (High Dry Toast variety for you TMV worriers), just sprinkle on the aphids and sit back and enjoy a pinch of snuff while you watch the aphids die. I got so pissed one day I resorted to this, and it worked. I just dont like wasting my snuff on the pests. Or alternate spraying of neem and insecticidal soap, or a hotsauce/garlic spray. As you can tell I hate aphids with a passion.
Never use a Tobacco product on your peppers, Tobacco Mosaic virus can and will destroy your pepper plants. If you snuff it out of your hand wash your hand immediately..!!

Back