• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

1 foot in the dirt and 1 foot in hydro; what's a good quality PH/EC tester?

I'd be very interested in some input on this. I would definitely like something better than a hobby instrument. Living where I do it won't be easy to fix a broken or cheap product. I can get litmus paper here, so I'm more interested in the hydro end of things. Thanks.

I had a problem with a hanna 2 in 1 and when I returned it the store owner said he was going to stop selling them since it was the third one returned that week. Maybe just a bad day at the hanna factory;)

I got it (just bought it - I like the litmus papers but they are not real accurate) for $60.50 which includes shipping and storage solution from here.

Mike

wordwiz said:
I got it (just bought it - I like the litmus papers but they are not real accurate) for $60.50 which includes shipping and storage solution from here.

Mike

Mike, what's storage solution?
Nevermind; I just looked at the link you posted. That looks to be a very good deal. Thanks.

toastynoodles said:
Wordwiz, let me know how it works!! Will be ordering one in the next month.

Will do, though the other two worked great for a few months! As I posted in another thread, I simply HAVE to learn how to grow stuff hydroponically. It goes back to my goal - raise 28 (or 56, if I can afford the lights) tomato plants that produce over 800 (or 1600) pounds of tomatoes over a five month period using less than $32 (or $64) worth of electricity per month. I have until December to learn how to do it!

Seriously, by Jan. 1, 2013 (if we get by 12/21/12!) I want to be producing 5,000 pounds of tomatoes per month.

Mike

Not that many. For juice, Red Zebra. The Red Stuffer, to sell and make salsa. A couple of Romas - they should be canned whole. For selling and sandwiches, Delicious, Better Boy and Florida 91. The latter is a new one also. I have been impressed with the number of fruits per plant they are producing in the GH.

Mike

I've had mine for a little over a year and they work great. Yes, calibration solution comes with them.

Hinky said:
I've had mine for a little over a year and they work great. Yes, calibration solution comes with them.

Thanks, that's very reassuring. I'll probably go with Hanna.

That's one hell of a flash signature; what is it? Looks to be a 40 rnd. mag. Hmm, interesting post count; 223. ;)

Back