10 years of making sauces/ Ideas for celebration needed

you could do a 10 out of 10 pack. 1 sauce for each year in biz and then do a "Kato the 10th" sauce where its a 10 on the heat scale, 10 on the flavor and 10 different peppers. (like 10 varieties of Habaneros or like DD said 10 different chiles)

Kato's 10/10 Hot Sauce

I can't find the thread where I asked for opinions on a sauce for our 10th year and a person said try 10 different chiles and we've came up with it. It will be Trinidad Scorpions, 7-Pod, Bhut Joalika, Fatalii,Scotch Bonnets, Red Habanero, Datil,Yellow Habanero, Naga pc-1, Naga Morich plus Papaya, pineapple, Banana,oranges and no vinegar we are using vitiman C ( asorbic Acid)as our acid.
The name refers to 10 different chiles and our 10th year of making sauce it should be really warm.
So if we can find the thread or the person that first suggested using 10 different chiles they will receive a bottle of the 10/10 Hot Sauce plus a Kato 6 pack.
This new sauce won't be available till after January 2008 which will mark our 10th year. 1998 - 2008 this sauce will be a limited edition and should become valuable.
Thanks for everyones ideas.

Mick
Kato's

I think you sould send everybody on the boards 10 free bottles of sauce (make mine the Rajun Cajun!)

Congrats to you guys and I will be working on even more SUPER ideas.

By the way, Mick, how close are you guys from Disney? I will be traveling there in Oct. and would love to stop by and maybe pick up some gallons and woozies if at all possible.

I get a little credit for the 10/10 name :)

Wow Kato.....That combination sounds great! Be real hot and have a great fruit flavor!!! Sounds like a perfect "10" to me!!! LOL Hey are you gonna take preorders? If so count me in on at least 1 bottle!!!

Yeah, I'm looking forward to my free bottles :)

I have full faith Mick & Rita will do wonders with my suggestion...definatly more than I could do with it :D

kato said:
In January Kato's wants to celebrate it's 10th year of making hot sauce. We need a few good idea's on how we should go about this we have a few like a special 10 year collector bottle for our Kato's Island Sauce our original product. But would like to hear a few more so if anyone as a great idea and we use it they can win a Kato Krate containing 6 of Kato's sauces. So submit your ideas and we'll go thru them.

Thanks
Mick
Kato's
i noticed that your current bottle volume is 8 ounces. Sell your product in 10 ounce bottles, at 8 ounce prices, giving something back to your customers. I'm sure you have a good product, but without them, where would you be?
It's a good way to say thank you.

We have already decided on using Mason's idea of using 10 varities of peppers in the sauce. Thanks man.
We are waiting on the glass right now coming from Washington state.
They were the cheapest for the speciality glass without having to buy huge volume. Plans are for another clear label to see all the pepper chunks. So however much we make we ordered 200 of the special bottles. They should look very cool and have been eating the Kato's 10/10 Hot Sauce test batches so i know they taste fine & I think they'll look pretty cool also.

Mick
Kato's

kato said:
We have already decided on using Mason's idea of using 10 varities of peppers in the sauce. Thanks man.
We are waiting on the glass right now coming from Washington state.
They were the cheapest for the speciality glass without having to buy huge volume. Plans are for another clear label to see all the pepper chunks. So however much we make we ordered 200 of the special bottles. They should look very cool and have been eating the Kato's 10/10 Hot Sauce test batches so i know they taste fine & I think they'll look pretty cool also.

Mick
Kato's
Well if you make a non-collector's edition for actualy eating purpases I'll purchase one!

imaguitargod said:
Well if you make a non-collector's edition for actualy eating purpases I'll purchase one!

what you cant eat these??? LOL....just kidding....then mark me for 2 (depending on the price) 1 to eat and 1 to collect....

Dyce51 said:
what you cant eat these??? LOL....just kidding....then mark me for 2 (depending on the price) 1 to eat and 1 to collect....
That's the spirit! Once opened, they aren't a collectable any more.

Back