• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

harvesting 1st Major Harvest - 2010

Took these yesterday morning from my plants that survived the damage from abandonment. A few of them really came back great, some didnt. Overall, I think a pretty good harvest. Time to pickle, cut and freeze...and best of all....salsa time...:-)

harvest_2010.jpg

Shane

Looks great. I love fresh salsa. I have to make large batches, Ill go through a jar in a sitting. Peppers look good. Are those large cayennes I see?

Looks great. I love fresh salsa. I have to make large batches, Ill go through a jar in a sitting. Peppers look good. Are those large cayennes I see?
The light greenish/yellow ones towards the back are sweet cayenne, they are from 8 to 10 inches long. The long, darker green ones, also thicker ones, just beyond the sweet cayenne are Hot Portugal. In the foreground are an assortment of Thai Dragon, Serrano, Ring of fire, Pepperoncini and Bulgarian Carrot and a few Jalapeno's.

Shane

I like the Bulgarian Carrot, I have eaten a few off the plant and I can savor the flavor before the heat. My single poor plant is almost completely shaded by other plants but still producing a few pods.

Thanks!! I counted yesterday as we were putting them up, 234 pods...plus I took a few more last night...;-)!!

SA

Back