• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

1st Peppers

Nearly all of the fat was located between the hide and the meat on all of the deer I've ever dressed. I add a little beef fat to the meat I grind for burgers, else it's too dry. For eating you can't beat a one or two year old doe. Yearling bucks are OK, but the older they get the stronger and more gamey the taste and you definitely don't want one that has been running in front of dogs. :)

Yes they are prolific and does usually have twins. They are so numerous here the daily limit is one buck and one doe each and every day of the season that runs from around November 22nd to January 31st, while bow season starts October 15th.

Nearly all of the fat was located between the hide and the meat on all of the deer I've ever dressed. I add a little beef fat to the meat I grind for burgers, else it's too dry. For eating you can't beat a one or two year old doe. Yearling bucks are OK, but the older they get the stronger and more gamey the taste and you definitely don't want one that has been running in front of dogs. :)

Yes they are prolific and does usually have twins. They are so numerous here the daily limit is one buck and one doe each and every day of the season that runs from around November 22nd to January 31st, while bow season starts October 15th.

Ya the fat comes off and the meat itself generally has only light traces of fat. Mostly the meat is covered with a layer of white tissue and takes some time to cut it all off. But I like to cook it with a little beef fat. The sirloins are so good. Sausage, jerky, stews. MMMM MMMMMM. Run deer aren't fit to eat. Adrenalin fouled. Or shot and not a quick kill. They get a little funky. (add some pepper or curry).

Growing my first peppers and never realized there was such a interest in it. Not hard to get hooked. These guys were something I found at the local co-op and thought I take a shot at it. Its like an instant love affair. Gotta work on my picture taking. They went into the ground April 10 and the first pods started to appear a few days ago. Seeing more everyday.
002LaTabascoJune102010.jpg

001LaTabascoApril102010.jpg

003LaTabascoJune1020102.jpg

These were identified as simply Tabasco so I'm not real sure which Tabasco they are, maybe when I can get a more detail pic tomorrow someone might recognize them
018.jpg

015-1.jpg

Congrats, your plants look strong and healthy. It's all good my friend.

Back