event 2007 I Like It Hot Festival & BBQ

http://www.ilikeithotfestival.com/

was talking to my grandma and saw a picture of a pepper on one of the pages of the newspaper. took a closer look, and turns out i'm very glad i did. there is a 2 day event in largo, florida called the i like it hot festival. have never heard of it before, but it is pretty close to where i am staying for now, so i plan on going down tomorrow. it's only $3! not sure how big the event is, downloading a video (slowly) of the event last year. anyone else attending?

thanks. i did just that. the turnout was great, a lot more than i expected having watched the video from 2006 and looking at various pictures. it was plenty crowded. lots of friendly people, and lots of great sauces and jellies. struck up several conversations with vendors and just other random people trying sauces. even got a sample of some pulled pork from legends. i'd say the hottest sauce i had was called pure pain. it was really hot!

had one nice surprise, got to meet a fellow THP member. intensity academy had a stand there which i instantly recognized and approached. met michelle (i get that right? i'm terrible with names. :) ) and talked to her for a little bit. she let me try all their sauces and their ketchup. got a couple carrot keychains and a bottle of their hot cubed sauce.

there was a live band outside that was rocking out...bassist and guitarist were taking turns soloing when i was out there. some nice bbq outside..didn't have any unfortunately..i just had a plate of food before i headed down there.

other than that, i bought a bottle of kato's island sauce. they didn't have any out to sample unfortunately, so i haven't had any yet, but looking forward to it. also bought a few sticks of jerky..spicy pepper buffalo, teriyaki venison, and mild gator. i've never had any of these meats before..so looking forward to that also...even though i think they are all mixed with some beef, so i won't quite be the same as eating them on their own.

great time..first hot food gathering i've been to. ha would go tomorrow, but i have no income right now, so i don't need to buy too much hot sauce. :lol:

XGRAFCOREX- It was great seeing a fellow thehotpepper enthusiast! If you come tomorrow you can hang out in our booth. We pay 1 hot sauce per hour for work! It was a great show!

you know, i was debating going back again, but had decided i didn't need to spend anymore money hah..but i just might take you up on that offer. if i work at the booth, do i still pay to get in? i guess it wasn't too expensive so it doesn't really matter haha. also i think i saw venders getting free beers? :) (could be mistaken)

Call us when you get there, we have a $1 off coupon. So it will only be $2. 813-927-1638.We did get free beer, I think you only need to fill out a ticket. Tom or Michele

I Like it Hot Festival was REALLY great! Thank goodness xgrafcorex came out & helped! He had the lingo down in no time! Our new tea infused spicy ketchup was FLYING off the shelves. Thanks again for your help! (I love the hotpepper family)

well, thank you all for the opportunity to take part. was my first hot food event, and i got to see things from both sides of the fence. yea, that ketchup was flying off the rack! you guys definitely found yourself a winner there. won't be around here for next years event (most likely), but perhaps i'll run into you all again at another event. i'd gladly bring my shirt (thanks for that and the sauces by the way, gave my grandma one of the carrot keychains too hah) and help out again. :P

Glad to hear you had a goodtime at I like it Hot Festival. We did the very first one 5 or 6 years ago. Let me ask you who was selling our Island Sauce?

Mick
Kato's

hey mick, wish you all would've been there too. was a fun time, and it's always fun to run into people you normally only communicate with via text.

to be honest, i'm not quite sure what the name of their company was. it was an older guy and his wife..i know he was in the navy and is a vietnam vet.

perhaps the people from intensity academy could help me. their stand was on the first corner of the inner-most section that you would come to from the entrance.

there was another stand down the way that had your down south hot sauce, but i don't recall their name either. didn't really notice much of a sign for them.

Back