• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

2012 grow list question

These are the seeds I have for this upcoming season. I am having a hard time deciding which I should leave off if space does not allow. :think:

Of these, Which would be on your "Definitely Grow" list? ......or your "I wouldn't grow that one!" list.

NuMex Big Jim
Long Thin Cayenne
Sweet Cayenne
Bhut Jolokia
Assam Bhut Jolokia Indian Carbon
Anaheim
Super Chili Hybrid
White Habanero
Orange Habanero
Most Prolific Capsicum Chacoense
Aji Lemon
Aji Chuncho
Pi 1441654 Capsicum Praetermissum
Trinidad Perfume
Trinidad Sweet Cherry
Yellow Scotch Bonnet
Red Scotch Bonnet
7 Pod Brain Strain
Yellow 7 Pod Brain Strain
7 Pot Barrackpore
7 Pod SR Strain
7 Pod Johna
Wild Tepin
TS Butch T
Trinidad Douglah
Amish Bush

That's a tough question dude, kinda depends on what you would use the most whether it be cooking n eating.. or trading and selling.. or both

I will tell you if you ARE looking to have some seeds for the trade game next season. I've sure you've noticed by now, supers are the popular kids in school, ha, I'd grow all those you have on your list.

I can tell you the long thin cayennes and super chili hybrid pods taste very similar and IMO I'd just grow the cayenne, super chilis are prolific but the pods are very small, you'll get more bang for your buck growin cayennes. Id pick one or the other.

I personally wouldn't grow orange habs unless I absolutely loved them, you can buy those at any grocery mart for the most part.. I try not to grow what I can buy down the street ya kno?

Another thing, anaheims and numex big jims are also very similar. IMO the big jims are a bit tastier and more prolific. and also, (maybe not in your area) But I can find anaheims at any grocery store up here. Id pick one or the other with these too.

If I could pick only one type to grow from your list it would be the Yellow 7 Pod Brain Strain. That will be a very valuable seed to have in the trade world next year.

Good luck
Brandon

Thanks guys, I do love the Trinidads! Brandon, Your right, I wont waste precious space on the grocery store staples. I have read that Aji Lemon cn be grown in a hanging pot. Anyone have any experience with that?

That's a tough question dude, kinda depends on what you would use the most whether it be cooking n eating.. or trading and selling.. or both

I will tell you if you ARE looking to have some seeds for the trade game next season. I've sure you've noticed by now, supers are the popular kids in school, ha, I'd grow all those you have on your list.

I can tell you the long thin cayennes and super chili hybrid pods taste very similar and IMO I'd just grow the cayenne, super chilis are prolific but the pods are very small, you'll get more bang for your buck growin cayennes. Id pick one or the other.

I personally wouldn't grow orange habs unless I absolutely loved them, you can buy those at any grocery mart for the most part.. I try not to grow what I can buy down the street ya kno?

Another thing, anaheims and numex big jims are also very similar. IMO the big jims are a bit tastier and more prolific. and also, (maybe not in your area) But I can find anaheims at any grocery store up here. Id pick one or the other with these too.

If I could pick only one type to grow from your list it would be the Yellow 7 Pod Brain Strain. That will be a very valuable seed to have in the trade world next year.

Good luck
Brandon

Good point Brandon! I'm with you on that! :clap:

I grew an Aji Limon plant this year. I started the seed real late (in the middle of May) and didn't put it outside until the end of June, but by the time I brought it inside in September it had caught up to the size of the cayenne plants that I started from seed at the beginning of March and transplanted in May. It grows fast and produces a lot of pods. If you're short on space I'd probably only plant one of them. With a good growing season you'll probably get 200 pods off of one plant. If I remember correctly, I think I saw another member on here grew one in a hanging pot. They grow pretty wide with real thin branches so I bet they'd do fine in a hanging pot.

These are the seeds I have for this upcoming season. I am having a hard time deciding which I should leave off if space does not allow. :think:

Of these, Which would be on your "Definitely Grow" list? ......or your "I wouldn't grow that one!" list.

NuMex Big Jim
Long Thin Cayenne
Sweet Cayenne
Bhut Jolokia
Anaheim
Super Chili Hybrid
White Habanero
Orange Habanero
Aji Lemon
Aji Chuncho
Trinidad Perfume
Trinidad Sweet Cherry
Yellow Scotch Bonnet
Red Scotch Bonnet
7 Pod Brain Strain
7 Pot Barrackpore
7 Pod SR Strain
7 Pod Johna
Wild Tepin
TS Butch T
Trinidad Douglah
Amish Bush

NuMex Big Jim
Long Thin Cayenne
Sweet Cayenne
Bhut Jolokia
Anaheim
Super Chili Hybrid
White Habanero
Orange Habanero
Aji Lemon
Aji Chuncho
Trinidad Perfume
Trinidad Sweet Cherry
Yellow Scotch Bonnet
Red Scotch Bonnet
7 Pod Brain Strain
7 Pot Barrackpore
7 Pod SR Strain
7 Pod Johna
Wild Tepin
TS Butch T
Trinidad Douglah
Amish Bush

I too have the space issue, I'm only growing what I have room for, If you really wanted to you could grow more and auction them off on here or on ebay. Just a thought

Thanks guys, I do love the Trinidads! Brandon, Your right, I wont waste precious space on the grocery store staples. I have read that Aji Lemon cn be grown in a hanging pot. Anyone have any experience with that?

I sold some Maui Purple plants that people specifically bought for hanging baskets, ornamental reasons. They do cascade over. My Aji Lemon looked similar in growth pattern. I'M sure you could train and prune if necessary. Two types of cayenne?, the sweet sounds supicious of not carrying its weight in flavor. Unless you're intending to dry the other type of cayenne, I would check thAt off the list also. I grow the "Ring of Fire" cayenne. It has good flavor green or slightly ripened. But I try not to grow what is readily available in the markets. You do have a good list. I personally hate to disgard any plants once they're started. So I do as you and make the decision before planting.

Greg

After I decide what I am going to use/not use, I'll give the rest away here on THP. Many seeds were gifts from Judy (Thanks Judy!) and I will pay it forward. I couldn't sell them, just wouldn't be right!

Nice looking list. Alot of what you have are on my 2012 list,too.I received the wild seeds from judy also.Personally,I had never thougt about growing wilds.After thinking about it,I am kinda lookin forward to trying them.

Back