• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

soil 2013 pepper grow soil?

Don't buy 2 CU bags.... ITS A TRAP!

No seriously, the 3.8CU bale is super compressed and breaks out to almost 8 CU loose. The 2 CU bags are already loose and a huge waste of money.

$36/bale is a decent price for anyone not near in the Northern US.

Good info but that's the only size I see lowe's carries around here and Home Depot apparently doesn't have any according to the site unless you go with that special mix they have.

Good info but that's the only size I see lowe's carries around here and Home Depot apparently doesn't have any according to the site unless you go with that special mix they have.

Well if you can't get the bales, then so be it. I was really just trying to warn Joyner's about them since it seems like he has access to both options.

Call around to your local "mom and pop" garden centers, that is usually where I find the best prices around here. The big box places and hydro shops always seem to charge a lot more.

*edit

I just noticed you are in Texas :rolleyes: , I hear good potting mixes are notoriously difficult to get down there. Get whatever you can and stockpile it.

Weird, I see 2 cu ft compressed bales as well but when you go to buy it is an uncompressed bag. I was paying attention to that but thanks for also pointing it out for others. All my starter stuff comes in blocks and I add water to expand. I am sure a local spot near me has the bigger bales. I tried to use Amazon and PRIME but the cost was too much :)

Weird, I see 2 cu ft compressed bales as well but when you go to buy it is an uncompressed bag. I was paying attention to that but thanks for also pointing it out for others. All my starter stuff comes in blocks and I add water to expand. I am sure a local spot near me has the bigger bales. I tried to use Amazon and PRIME but the cost was too much :)

That is bizarre, I have ran into the same thing here. Lowes or Wally World will advertise a 2 cu ft compressed bale but I have never actually seen one in person. I don't even see them on Premier's website.

That is bizarre, I have ran into the same thing here. Lowes or Wally World will advertise a 2 cu ft compressed bale but I have never actually seen one in person. I don't even see them on Premier's website.
Trickery I call it....

025849202019.jpg

We have these tiny 1 cu foot bales that look like milk cartons at the stores up north. They run about $8-10 and there's 3 or 4 different colors. Talk about the marketing department keeping busy.

Thankfully, we also have the regular sized bales and I've been paying $27 for them at Rona or $30 at the hydro store (tax free so it works out a bit cheaper).

So funds allowed me the ability to pick up bale of the HP for $40. My plan is to incorporate worm castings, bone meal, compost, and not sure what for the potassium end of the spectrum. Any suggestions?

Back