• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

2014 Glog I guess

I told myself I wouldn't make a Glog but I decided to so here is my planned grow list:

MOA Scotch Bonnets
Caribbean Red Habaneros
White Habaneros
Naga Morich
Yellow 7 Pot
Piment de Espelllte
Trinidad Moruga Scorpion
Carolina Reaper
Red Bhut Jolokia
Peach Bhut Jolokia
Bell
Jamaican Mushroom (maybe???)
Orange habanero

Maybe some others too if I find more I want to grow.

First of all, I say Jamaican mushroom maybe because I ordered scotch bonnets from Pepper Joe and a person I trust has told me these tend not to be bonnets but actually Jamaican mushrooms. I'm not mad because I wanted those as well. (It's also not an attack on you Joe). A very generous member sent me MOA scotch bonnets so I'm very thankful for that and maybe I will have both. We'll see what becomes of them.

I'm gonna have more of certain peppers (scotch bonnet, moruga scorpion, habaneros, etc.) because most of the powders and sauces I make and have plans to make have a Mexican/Caribbean/Gulf theme. :D My final grow is also going to depend on what grows because I'm having somewhat bad germination rates. NBD.

Got about 20 plants germinated so far, with more that I hope will pop up and plenty more that still need to be planted. Most of the babies are in red solo cups under pretty weak lights for right now. I may need to invest in a better one although I don't have plans to try and get them to fruit inside. They are just getting big for spring.

2zs2t84.jpg

Also have these three (Carolina reaper, peach bhut and "scotch bonnet") in my hydroponic set up. Again they are bound for the outside. My cheap lights aren't strong enough to fruit plants so I'm kind just fooling around with hydroponics for fun and to see how big I can get them for spring.

w7nfk3.jpg

In a few weeks I'll be getting out and digging the decent sized garden plot that the peppers are going to go into in spring. Those pictures will be up once I get the hard work done! Debating on making it a raised bed or not. Thoughts and advice on that and anything else is certainly appreciated. Most of yall know more than me. I'm kinda looking forward to updating this thorough out the season now that I've started it...

That's exactly why I thought I would make it five feet wide
Possibly only 4 though. It may change.. I'm gonna rope it off tomorrow I think

Picked up a load of barnwood today and roped off the garden area. Been wondering what all of yall think about soil in the garden. Part of it is going to be topsoil from a pile on the property. I'm definitely going to mix compost into that. Should I consider adding sand or vermiculite or something like that?

When I roped it off yesterday, I took ten feet off it's width. So it's 25x30 now. It looked huge! I figured that even though i'm gonna give plenty of peppers away, I didn't want to have more than I could handle. Hopefully gonna get started building this weekend!

Back