• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

2015 More Hotta...

Real first year of pepper growin for me. Last year I bought some plants for my Mother and kept some for myself to give it a try. Started kinda late, wrong soil, pests, and not so good weather left me with basically a hand full of pods at the end. Learned a lot from readin up on this here forum and hope i can get some pods this time round. I'll be growin them up 4 stories on my balcony facing hmm southeast. Just figured i'd start this so I can have a record of how they do and knowing that everyone luv's pics. So thanks to everyone i've dealt with or not(info)  so that I can try and get some different peppers other than the regular store bought.

Grow List

Aji pineapple
B  starfish
Red rocoto
7 Pot white & choco
Yellow fatalli
Yellow & Red T.S
Reaper
Choco hab
W.B hab
Scotch bonnet
Choco ghost
Bubblegum 7 pot

Over winters: Red ghost, Scotch bonnet, Caribbean red

And maybe a few more..... dont ask were cause I dont know myself lol :crazy:

Dude I love your screen name! And SE is the perfect direction for your garden to face. Plenty of morning sun starting early and continuing late into the season....Good luck with your grow! Red Hab is a perfect chile to start out with. It's super robust, forgiving of gardener's mistakes, and produces boatloads of tasty, hot pods. I kept two of those in large planters for 3 or 4 years--They were damn nearly bulletproof. I finally ended up giving them away to a couple of new chile heads in my neighborhood...

D3monic said:
Nice list, how's the overwinters doing, are they starting to green up for you already?
Yeah there goin on alright except my red ghost, it flowers all the time but they drop cause it in the cold window. I think some might have set, but if they didnt i'll just cut it down and let it regrow.

In the back is a S.bonnet.   Left to Right  is red T.S , OW C.red , 2 yellow T.S , 2 S.bonnet
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-73ZCXwph1iY/VQS04ChOJeI/AAAAAAAAAEo/-5UyFgjZ4hQ/w958-h543-no/Picture%2B007.jpg
 Plantguy76, on 14 Mar 2015 - 12:58 AM, said:
Plantguy76 said:
Nice list best of luck this season hope you get lots of pods

mpicante said:
Very nice list.Have a great grow in 2015.I really like the Caribbean Reds I've had good tasting and decent heat I might add.
Thanks for the well wishes guys.

windchicken said:
Dude I love your screen name! And SE is the perfect direction for your garden to face. Plenty of morning sun starting early and continuing late into the season....Good luck with your grow! Red Hab is a perfect chile to start out with. It's super robust, forgiving of gardener's mistakes, and produces boatloads of tasty, hot pods. I kept two of those in large planters for 3 or 4 years--They were damn nearly bulletproof. I finally ended up giving them away to a couple of new chile heads in my neighborhood...
:D .... Thanks for the info. I have one pod growing on it right now, so hopefully many more to come.

Back