• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

2016 Not so big in Texas

Hello Everyone,

I will post some photos here of my grow of Jason's crosses. Got a late start in late Feb. 25 plants total.

I will list the names here eventually. As always there will be additional nature photos.

Thanks for lookin!

Mike

Two pics of the last plants out of the gate from early March. I-phone pics

Inside the grow box on the older plants. Colors are weird here from the lights.

Have a great day folks!

End of March update.  Hope everybody is having a great week.  I'm exhausted from work!  Time for some plants.

I have one flat of plants that I will begin hardening this weekend.  Here are some,  Reaper x BBG7 x Pink Tiger side and top views;

The only Datil x Brown Egg I have;

A 7 Pot Barrackpore x Jay's Ghost Scorpion;

Maybe some more this weekend!

Cheers all!

Chewi said:
Far out! Following that Datil x Brown Egg...it's gonna be a winner!!! You getting them outside this weekend for good?
This flat of ten plants will start the hardening off now.  They saw the first direct sun yesterday.  I'll keep a close eye on them moving them in and out.  I've got another flat of plants still in the grow box.  More or less a boot camp of light so to speak. 

meatfreak said:
Good looking plants and beautiful pictures, good luck Mike!
Thank you Stefan!  I hope your doing well and have a great season!

Devv said:
You're ready Mike!

And..way ahead of me, I had a look at my 2014 pics and this year sad...

keep it green my friend!
I feel good about these plants, but I have others a little more behind so I'm a little uncertain.  Thanks!

juanitos said:
those big sexy leaves.
They are pleasing indeed! Thanks!

Trident chilli said:
Amazing photography ... both plants and nature shots ... all the best to you this season Mike
Thank you very much Tc! I will try and continue.

FiresOfNil said:
Really dig your nature shots, used go be a member of the Florida Entomologist Society - they had cool and interesting species their too.
Love the bugs for sure!  Thanks!

Yesterdays first dip in the cool water;

Found this really strange Orange slime mold growing in some wild grape vines at the preserve in Berry Springs;
Fusicolla merismoides I don't think there is a lot known about it.  Seems to be exclusive to grape vines though.

Have a great day!

capsidadburn said:
Found this really strange Orange slime mold growing in some wild grape vines at the preserve in Berry Springs;
Fusicolla merismoides I don't think there is a lot known about it.  Seems to be exclusive to grape vines though.

Have a great day!

Interesting. I saw that exact same type of mold growing on wild grape vines up in Waco back in like 2008. Was out playing disc golf in the woods and found neon orange alien looking mold growing on a grapevine.

Never did find out what it was called and forgot all about it til I saw your pics. 

Good luck with this season, plants are looking great!

Well today I got some peppers in the dirt along with a few purchased tomatos.  10 plants so far, 6 in raised beds and 4 in large pots.

Her are some pics;
New shoes for this Reaper x BBG7 x Pink Tiger cross

The Blackfoot Daisy behind it has the same carpet beetles that showed up last season.  They did not seem to cause much problem for me.

Filling in the bed space

This bed has Bush Sunflower in each corner and now an EOB and another of Jason's crosses.

EOB that really doesn't have much hardening off time.  This coming week looks good though.

Last for now;  I've got quite a lot of leaves to pick out of these beds.  Maybe next week

Cheers

I do believe I am overdue for an update.  I've been crazy busy I guess. 

Last plant to hit the dirt last week.  Unknown Bhut Orange Copenhagen Cross from Jason GA.

These are probably the nicest looking plants I have growth and minimal bug damage wise.

Another of Jason's crosses.  I do not remember which this is without going outside.  I need to make a map before the sharpy ink fades from the markers.  I believe this is a BBG7 x PDN but not sure.

More late arrivals.

I had a good amount of snail damage, but seemed to have move past that with new growth.  I've done two compost tea brews so far.

I very nearly stepped on a Coral Snake a couple weeks ago.  Everybody tells me they have gnaw on you and do not have a strike bite.  Did not get a pic of it.

Plain-bellied Water Snake

Least Skipper

Thanks for checking in!
Mike

As always great pics Mike!

And the plants are stellar!

I found two coral snakes when I first moved in to my place, never any more since. And you're correct they don't strike, they have to kinda chew on ya. But their poison is extremely potent!

Keep it green!

Well after all the rain so far, there are some podding starting to happen.  I really wish I had started in January.  Anyway here's a couple pics.
This a top view of  BBG7 X PDN F2  and another pic of the bloom

First pod (Reaper X BBG7 F1) X Pink Tiger F2  For those that remember AJ, he was a voice in favor of the theory that pod tails were formed by bloom constriction.  This pic seems to support that.

Southern Spreadwing  Lestes australis

Have a great week!

Mike

Back