• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

2016 off to a slow start

This is my first year starting seedlings under lights in the winter and glogging lol. In the first pick the row on the right is my Scotch Bonnet MOA's and the next row is my Bahamian Goats which are two of this years most anticipated plants I'm growing. The other has a 7 Pot Burgundy that has sprouted and it looking good with a Aji Lemon just starting to come out. the others are various tomatoes towards the top. The others that haven't sprouted yet are various chocolates and Aji's. 

Attachments

• seedling1.jpg
    seedling1.jpg
    217.2 KB · Views: 58
  • seedling.jpg
    seedling.jpg
    162.2 KB · Views: 53
Since this is a glog and these will be out in the garden soon I will snap some pics today of my raised beds, containers and trees before everything fruits for some before and after shots. I took these 2 pics yesterday. The first one is my nectarine tree with its beautiful early blooms and the other is my 2 portable raised beds($15 each on amazon). The one on the left has walla walla onions and lettuce. The one the right has cauliflower and broccoli. The clay pots in the pic are my blueberry, lingonberry and raspberry plants. 

Attachments

• necterine.JPG
    necterine.JPG
    124.9 KB · Views: 44
  • beds.jpg
    beds.jpg
    183.3 KB · Views: 42
mpicante said:
Looking good SR.Man sure looks like you have everything under control.Hows the weather up there?
low 70's all week and in the 40's at night. This Friday it will be in the 50's at night. how about your weather ?

SavinaRed said:
low 70's all week and in the 40's at night. This Friday it will be in the 50's at night. how about your weather ?
I believe this EL NINO thing is real.Weve had terribly cold weather recently(i feel bad because some friends have freezes,snow and all the winter stuff going on).Today mid 80's and nights hovering mid 40's.Shoul have night temps in upper 40's low 50's this week.

Hybrid Mode 01 said:
     I love your gardening style. Lots of fruiting trees and shrubs. What variety of raspberry are you growing?
Heritage, Indian Summer and Fall Gold. I have strawberries below each tree that I have planted in the ground as well. And I also have a raised bed of strawberries. My 5 year old grandson loves every kind of berry so I wanted to make my yard a fun place for him in the summer/fall season. He also likes all the fruit trees that I planted as well. He is one of those rare kids that likes berries and fruit more than candy lol.

Hybrid Mode 01 said:
     You're speaking my language! Three of my all time favorites right there.
the pic with the 2 little ones in the same container are Aji Mango's and I have another small container that look identical with 2 Aji Lemons. I'm looking forward to tasting those this season as well. Its my first time growing any of them including the Aji's and 7 Pot Burgundy that everyone really seems to love the taste.

I know allot of people soak there seeds or put them in bags with moist towels etc.......... This year I'm doing it the old fashion way and putting the seeds right in the dirt to germinate and sprout. I have a few slow ones but hopefully they will pop up soon.

I just picked up another blueberry bush called a Southmoon. So now I have the Blueray,Bountiful Blue and Pink Lemonade varieties. They make me a Berry happy person :)

Looking good. I like the garden. I'm going to grow a herb garden as well this year. I use the paper towel in ziplock method and put it under heating pad. Before that I would start them the old fashion way, but I would put them in a warm spot. Especially super's. I hope they all sprout and good luck.

Chuck

So here are the recent pics of the seedlings. 1st pic is the Bahamian Goats and 4 rows of Middle East Bell varieties . 2nd is the MOA's with the Burgundy 7 Pot upper right , last pic are some various tomatoes. I will be hardening them off next week and planting them in the garden. Temps will be lower to mid 70's day and upper 40's - low 50's at night.

Attachments

• goats.jpg
    goats.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 43
  • moa.jpg
    moa.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 41
  • tomato.jpg
    tomato.jpg
    153.7 KB · Views: 44
Below in first pic is overwintered Goat pepper left outdoors, 2nd is Brazilian starfish left outdoors and the 2 bonsai are a jays peach and jalepeno overwintered outside. 

Attachments

• overwinter.jpg
    overwinter.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 39
  • overwinter1.jpg
    overwinter1.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 43
  • bonsai.jpg
    bonsai.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 40
Back