• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

2016 off to a slow start

This is my first year starting seedlings under lights in the winter and glogging lol. In the first pick the row on the right is my Scotch Bonnet MOA's and the next row is my Bahamian Goats which are two of this years most anticipated plants I'm growing. The other has a 7 Pot Burgundy that has sprouted and it looking good with a Aji Lemon just starting to come out. the others are various tomatoes towards the top. The others that haven't sprouted yet are various chocolates and Aji's. 

Attachments

• seedling1.jpg
    seedling1.jpg
    217.2 KB · Views: 58
  • seedling.jpg
    seedling.jpg
    162.2 KB · Views: 53
SR, did you happen to start any of those Brazilian Starfish I sent you? Just curious how the germ rates are. I'm not growing any of them this year.

Peter S said:
SR, did you happen to start any of those Brazilian Starfish I sent you? Just curious how the germ rates are. I'm not growing any of them this year.
I have 3 seeds germinating but haven't sprouted yet.

I'm looking forward to this years grow more so than any other with all the new peppers and fruit this season. I just planted several Baccatum varieties. Aji Cristal, Pineapple, Lemon, Amarillo, Starfish, Inca's and overwintered Bishops Bonda ma Jacques in another new one for me and 3 varieties of Rocoto's- a yellow, red and orange. I'm really looking forward to my Datils, Bahamian Goats and MOA's that will also be growing for the first time along with several chocolates- bonnets, hot chocolate(still waiting to germinate), bhuts, ghosts, bhutlahs, scorpions, morugas and habs/fatalii(over wintered ). 7 Pot Burgandy is new and the peach wasps if they germinate. Aleppo, Albanian and Ethiopian are also growing as well. A few ornamentals made it into the mix- aji omnicolor, chinese 5 color and Bolivian rainbow( 1 of them will be overwintered and bonsai). This season I'm targeting flavor at various heat levels and species. My plan will be to overwinter my 10 favorites under grow lights and stick with them for the following year. I'm sure that could change but thats the plan anyways. 

Below is the new growth from my overwintered  Brazilian Starfish, Goats Weed and Bishops Crown left outside for the winter. There are 4 other Bishops next to that plant and I have 3 others in containers. I didn't plant any from seed this year since they survived the winter. 1 Goats weed is also plenty. I'm planting some other Starfish this year from seed since I didn't really like the plant I has last year that I overwintered. The fruit was small and the taste was just ok and from what I've heard from others the taste should be much better than the one I grew.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 49
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 50
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 46
update:

I lost my overwintered choc fatali, the bishops overwintered in the ground, my bonsai's. 

my 2 overwintered bishops in containers are doing good as well as my overwintered outdoor Goats Weed.

I will try and post some pics of them as well as my plants I started from seed this winter.

Back