• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

2016 Pepper Hauls

Here's my first haul. Still lots of Bhuts, 7pots(mystery sold as yellow moruga scorpion), habs, and holy mole waiting for harvest.

Bhut Jolokia, 7pot(?), shishito, jalapeno, hot cherry, holy mole.

pMdqfaL.jpg

Bhuter said:
This looked like a lot more while I was picking them. Lol. I need more chiliheads to live around me. Nobody around here will even try any.
That's too bad Bhuter, it's a shame when all you want to do is share your passion with others, but no one is interested.
Bring a few to your favorite restaurant next time you eat there, and send some to the chef and cooks.

Jubnat said:
That's too bad Bhuter, it's a shame when all you want to do is share your passion with others, but no one is interested.
Bring a few to your favorite restaurant next time you eat there, and send some to the chef and cooks.
Thanks, Jubnat. You know, I did try that one time...took some to a local Mexican restaurant and they came up with all kinds of questions. While I wasn't a certified organic grower and just a hobbyist, they weren't interested. I'd love to send some to people, but I'm so broke I can't afford shipping. So they just sit here waiting for me to cut them up. Lol.

You mean they didn't want to buy any because you were just a hobbyist with some peppers? That's too bad. At the restaurant I work at, I buy as much local produce as I can, even if it's just someone's backyard fruit or something. Hell...we have a few regulars with citrus trees and they'll just trade us the fruit every year for a bar tab.

That would be a great gig: Will trade peppers for beer. Lol. Yeah, I need a restaurant like yours around here. I love local produce. But yeah, they wanted me to be certified or something.

Is it bad my plants are just setting due to the crazy hot summer...

Ill add to this thread in November or December.

Jubnat said:
I was about to ask "why so many green pods?"
...then I saw Northern Michigan. You're in a different world than me, it's still hot as hell down here right now...

Yea i'm still pumping out pods but first frost could happen any time now. 

Back