• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

2019 Hay Bale Pepper Patch

I've been a member for a while but never posted a grow log. My usual garden is too boring for that. I use 20-30 pots and overwinter my mama plants in a hillbilly winter shelter. Our ground here isn't good for in soil gardening and I've not been enthused enough to undertake the work and expense to build raised beds.

Now I have my peppers working the way I want and have the need for a much larger grow to supply a project. The main peppers I'll grow will be reaper, douglah and fatalii. For a couple of years I'll do hay bale gardens and heap tons of organic trash into the area. I have monumental amounts of pine straw, oak leaves and bonfire ash every year to dump in the walkways. I think this will do a world of good to make this new garden area mo'betta for eventual in ground growing.

I closed off a 38x38 patch in the NE field that gets full sun. This is the area I chose. The big painted guy is my fertilizer supplier.

The little painted guy is my running buddy and load inspector.

Attachments

• layout.jpeg
    layout.jpeg
    251.8 KB · Views: 7,229
  • cody hay inspector.jpg
    cody hay inspector.jpg
    367.8 KB · Views: 301
The yellow cardi group moved about 200' north and at least 200' from any other pepper plants. I used some of my usual tulle bags and some new ones of a different type. I'm not really pleased with any of them because of the pipes so I have some different stuff inbound.

kBE6eLB.jpg

The red cardi group took over the spot by the house. I need to find another drum or at least a garbage can that doesn't leak. I learned my 15 gallon bucket only holds 13 gallons when I fill it using a meter.

These eat and drink the same 1% Masterblend.

d92TnVW.jpg

Back