• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

2019 season

Here is what germinated this year, I miss several varieties because an order did not find his way home, but the seller made a second shipment too late for this season

7 Pod Lava Chocolate C.chinense
Aji Charapita (red) C.chinense
Aji Charapita yellow (Wild Brazil, Aji Charapa) C.chinense
Aji Chombo C.chinense
Bahamian Goat Pepper C.chinense
Bih Jolokia C.chinense
Bola C.annuum  Thanks to MarcV (Hummm 1 sprout and died, starting new one with 3 differnt soaking mix) 
Carolina Reaper x Clavo Red(Not stable yet) C.chinense
Dorset Naga C.chinense
Habanada C.chinense
Habanero Chocolate long C.chinense
Habanero Gambia (Orange) C.chinense
Habanero Gambia Red C.chinense
Habanero Hawaiian C.chinense
Jariza C.annuumThanks to MarcV
Jeromin C.annuum Thanks to MarcV
Jigsaw (Fatalii Gourmet) C.chinense
Monster naga C.chinense
Moruga Blend (red) C.chinense
Moruglah C.chinense
Naga Bengal (Naga Bengle) C.chinense
Naga Morich C.chinense
Naga Viper C.chinense
Nagabrain Chocolate F-2 C.chinense
Pebre De Cirereta C.annuumThanks to MarcV
Scotch Bonnet Moa C.chinense
Scotch Bonnet Moa Red C.chinense
Sukari C.annuum
Trinidad Scorpion CARDI C.chinense
Trinidad Scorpion Sunrise C.chinense
VV7 Scorpion  C.chinense
Yellow Emperor (Hainan Yellow Lantern) C.chinense

I hope that's not your house with the collapsed roof. Sucks for whomever.

How did the gibberellic acid-soaked seeds turn out? I have some of that here somewhere and some seeds that haven't responded to anything else.

Sawyer said:
I hope that's not your house with the collapsed roof. Sucks for whomever.

How did the gibberellic acid-soaked seeds turn out? I have some of that here somewhere and some seeds that haven't responded to anything else.
No, not my house but not far from where I live.

I just went to see the seeds, nothing yet sprout but they are not rotten.
these seeds may have been too heated because the chillies from where they came were smoked

Yeah, some things there's just no coming back from.

Btw, did you have any luck with those red ghost and Sulu Adana seeds you got from me last year? I think you were going to save them for this year.

Sawyer said:
Yeah, some things there's just no coming back from.

Btw, did you have any luck with those red ghost and Sulu Adana seeds you got from me last year? I think you were going to save them for this year.

this year I have grown my oldest seeds to renew my bank. I have not done a lot of plants to have free time, I want to build my greenhouse.
They are in the list 2020 you will see them in photo next year

floricole said:

rb9sKyg.png

Bengal Naga
(out of twelve plants, the one on the left is the only one with a yellowish leaf and its growth is slower)

I suspect the Bengal Naga has some root
problems it it is the only one looking wonky.
Maybe a root rinse and replanting in some
new soil would help if you are concerned
about saving it.

PaulG said:

I suspect the Bengal Naga has some root
problems it it is the only one looking wonky.
Maybe a root rinse and replanting in some
new soil would help if you are concerned
about saving it.
that's what I did during the transplant,
it does not seem to want to change his pace but it continues his slow growth

That's right Pierre! Keep those little guys warm!
I imagine they wouldn't like the freezing rain! 

My biggest fear in May-June are late spring
hail storms. 

PaulG said:
That's right Pierre! Keep those little guys warm!
I imagine they wouldn't like the freezing rain! 

My biggest fear in May-June are late spring
hail storms. 

I was afraid to lose all my plants, we had 54 hours without electricity. A chance the temperature was just below the freezing point.
The temperature in the garage where my plants went down to 39 F.

Great, heated list! We had kind of a mild winter down here in the Mitten State (Michigan). I find it amazing that you can grow supers in your short(er) season. I too have had to shovel a roof or two in my time. One year, it got deep enough to cover our heat vent/exhaust and it suffocated our pilot light. Woke up with Walt Disney laying next to me and cryogenic doctors everywhere. Lol. "Get up on the roof and shovel! We're feeezing!" Lol.
I hope your plants yield more than expected! Great job! Love that Chocolate Lava.

-Adam

Bhuter said:
Great, heated list! We had kind of a mild winter down here in the Mitten State (Michigan). I find it amazing that you can grow supers in your short(er) season. I too have had to shovel a roof or two in my time. One year, it got deep enough to cover our heat vent/exhaust and it suffocated our pilot light. Woke up with Walt Disney laying next to me and cryogenic doctors everywhere. Lol. "Get up on the roof and shovel! We're feeezing!" Lol.
I hope your plants yield more than expected! Great job! Love that Chocolate Lava.

-Adam
Hy Adam,

I admit that it is not always easy but I still managed to harvest. That's why I bought myself a greenhouse, I hope to succeed in building it this summer. This will stretch my season by about 2 months. I will have much better production output.

floricole said:
RGJqdCa.png

I made a good purchase today, 15 flood tables for the price of one at the store. 
it will go to the greenhouse when it's built.
it's worth looking into the used a good economy on this lot.
SCORE!!!
Now all of your plants will sit at a TABLE battling it out in the "Competitive Eating" portion of this grow. 'Next...See who can uptake nutrients faster than the vegetation next to them. Lol. Only the strong will survive!!! Defeat the weeds!'

Sorry...got carried away in "The Game Of Gnomes". ‍♂️♂️

Do you have any success with the Cirereta? Mine is a very compact and sturdy plant but it's not very productive so far. The Jeromin on the other hand is unbelievably productive. That's a real keeper, also because, in my opinion, it produces some very good chiles!

Back