trade 2019 Seed Exchange

we do this on reddit anually, happy to include our THP brothers and sisters.

Share your seeds, get some cool seeds back!
  1. send a package with your seeds to me.
  2. i sort seeds and try to give everyone what they want.
  3. i send the package back to you.

Requirements
  1. USA or EU recommended. customs can seize international seed shipments...
  2. Follow packaging rules
  3. Be nice

Package
  1. a bubble mailer will ensure seeds are not harmed and is cheaper than a box
  2. seed packet(s)
  3. list of varieties you are looking for
  4. paper with username and return address
  5. return postage (3-5$)
  6. I have plenty of extra letter bubble mailers and can use free usps shipping supplies, you don't need to include a return envelope!
EXAMPLE: img

Seed packet(s)
  1. a small paper or plastic bag (5x5cm or 2x2in is good)
  2. 10 - 30 seeds per packet
  3. label including:
  • Variety name
  • Year harvested
  • Cross? Generation?
  • Location grown (Country? State?)
  • your username or something to identify you by
EXAMPLES: image1 image2 image3

Schedule
Submit now - 11/30 Repackaging - 12/3-12/13 Shipped - 12/16

Important Notes
  1. Only Pepper seeds are being swapped
  2. Understand that you aren't guaranteed to get everything on your list, i do my best!
  3. The exchange is only as good as the seeds people trade in
  4. 10-20 is a good number of seed packs to send. 100+ it is unlikely you will get 1:1 trades (but still great if you want to share the love!)
  5. We decided this method instead of seed train because it is controlled from a central location. It can't be stolen / hijacked / lost.
  6. Remember this is a voluntary exchange and that no one is required to participate
  7. i will take a video showing all the exchange contents
older threads 201620172018

REGISTER HERE

Normally how long does it take to get the email? I signed up a few hours ago and still have not received it.

I joined THP just now to give my support for this seed swap! It's always awesome to send in your surplus and get tons of stuff in return.

Here's what I got in return last year:

1zzysBG.jpg

I’m so looking forward to this. Thanks for organizing. I’m just getting started so seeds are invaluable. Buying 2x2 resealable bags makes me feel so dirty though lol.

Sergeant Pepper said:
I’m so looking forward to this. Thanks for organizing. I’m just getting started so seeds are invaluable. Buying 2x2 resealable bags makes me feel so dirty though lol.
I recommend ebay! Buy in bulk to save. Look for "best offer" deals.

Sergeant Pepper said:
If you got a seller by all means link me up! Thanks!
My most recent purchase, I wanted blue baggies. I bought https://www.ebay.com/itm/143007525986 with a best offer to the seller for $17.98 for 2x 1000. (2000 total)

Here are those exact bags:

AvJ4GEn.png

I think I offered $10 or $15 for 2 first but they said that was the best they could do. If you compare that deal to their buy-it-now price, you'll see I ended up saving about $5.

If you want regular clear non-tinted bags you can likely find them for a couple bucks cheaper. (just search "1515 apple" on ebay) - I recommend always looking for someone with a Best Offer option though.

FWIW I also tried to contact someone on AliExpress for making custom bags, and struck out. Maybe someone else has experience with that and could give me a shout!

Jesse said:
My most recent purchase, I wanted blue baggies. I bought https://www.ebay.com/itm/143007525986 with a best offer to the seller for $17.98 for 2x 1000. (2000 total)

Here are those exact bags:

AvJ4GEn.png

I think I offered $10 or $15 for 2 first but they said that was the best they could do. If you compare that deal to their buy-it-now price, you'll see I ended up saving about $5.

If you want regular clear non-tinted bags you can likely find them for a couple bucks cheaper. (just search "1515 apple" on ebay) - I recommend always looking for someone with a Best Offer option though.

FWIW I also tried to contact someone on AliExpress for making custom bags, and struck out. Maybe someone else has experience with that and could give me a shout!

Damn dude 2000!  thats a lot of bags.  I wonder if he'll do like $8 for 1000 or less for 500.  Even that seems like a lot to me.  I need to be in like 100 more exchanges with 5 bags of seeds a piece to get through 500! :)

Great idea, thinking about joining. Is it possible to send money for the return postage via paypal, or something like that? Don't really feel safe to send cash via mail (I'm from EU).

Sergeant Pepper said:
Damn dude 2000!  thats a lot of bags.  I wonder if he'll do like $8 for 1000 or less for 500.  Even that seems like a lot to me.  I need to be in like 100 more exchanges with 5 bags of seeds a piece to get through 500! :)
Seed trades outside of this swap are reason for that many. I've sent out tons of KS LSB seeds in the past, that's why I originally bought them. Now it's whatever I end up with in surplus I send to new folks in the community(ies).

Jesse said:
Seed trades outside of this swap are reason for that many. I've sent out tons of KS LSB seeds in the past, that's why I originally bought them. Now it's whatever I end up with in surplus I send to new folks in the community(ies).
As a newbie I’m a willing and able recipient of any surplus seeds you may have [emoji6]

TxCollector said:
Walmart sells 100 packs of 2"x3" in the craft isle for $1.99.  At least the stores around me do.  They're on the isle with beads and home made jewery stuff.
I ordered them off amazon for pretty cheap like $10 for 1000

Jesse said:
If you don't care what you get, shoot me a PM with a www.privnote.com note with your address.
Huge thank you to Jesse!! I just got a package with a large variety of seeds. Pretty amazing for a newbie like me to be gifted some Zhang Starr and other top varieties. @Jesse can’t thank you enough!

Back