vendor 2020 Top Vendor Seeds and Peppers

Ok, Im late. Its time for our annual recognition of best vendors for seeds and peppers., this is for those we personally see to offer true seeds for germination and success. For the peppers, those that send best flavor and value. We want to recognize these hard working vendors that back up theirs claim on product and relationships.
For me this past year:
Seeds:
1: HobbyGarden (Etsy)
2: Fatalii
3: White Hot Pepper

Peppers
1: Chattanooga Pepper
2: Towns-End

Pepper seeds:
   Contemporary favorites:
     White Hot Peppers
     Refining Fire Chiles
     Reimer Seeds
     Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds
   Possibly retired/currently unavailable:  Mojo Peppers     
Tomato Seeds:
  Contemporary Favorites:   
    Delectation of Tomatoes, etc
    Heritage Seed Market
    Victory Seeds
    Secret Seed Cartel
    Double Helix Farms
    Reimer Seeds
  Semi-retired/seasonally available: Tatiana's Tomatoes 
A Multiplicity of Garden Seeds:
    Reimer Seeds
    Sustainable Mountain Agriculture
    Park Seed

Vendors to avoid:  
      Baker Peppers aka Dale Baker's Peppers
                 -Its comical at this point.  The history of negative threads and compilations of people's terrible experiences with this company, including my own previous travesty of an interaction with this vendor, should have been enough to dissuade me from experimenting, but my curiosity and passionate pursuit of "gnarly" peppers compelled me to purchase some seeds from Baker's Peppers for last year's trials.  I was on a quest to obtain carolina reaper seeds from as many vendors as possible in search of a population of particularly fiendish specimens.  In addition to the traditional red reaper seeds I also ordered chocolate primo/reaper seeds from Bakers's peppers.  As the pods developed, both varieties were laden with smooth, red moruga shaped pods that were identical on both plants ("chocolate primo/reaper" and "red reapers").  These were obviously nothing like true to the type reapers or CPRs.  I was going to make another thread about this notorious vendor, but your vendor review thread here seems like a great place to warm people of which vendor to avoid ordering seeds or peppers from.

Tomato Seeds
  1. Delectation of Tomatoes - Dale has an incredible selection 
  2. Heritage Seed Market - Overall a tremendous supplier with many varieties and a good assortment of peppers too
  3. J&L Gardens - Lee's selections are unique and has a good selection of native peppers
  4. Secret Seed Cartel - Very unique offerings
  5. Double Helix (was fabulous .... unfortunately now defunct)

Back