seed-train 2023-2024 Mega seed train!

Hey, gotta question for the Seed train riders. Last year on the train, I grabbed some seeds labelled "Black Pearl x (Uchu x CM) Non Mutant". They were put on the train by RHCP. I tried to germinate some this year and it seems like some of them popped looking like mutants. Does that make sense? Can mutant seeds come from a pod that came from a plant that didn't show mutant traits but was a descendant of a mutant?

I can’t speak of that variety specifically, but I’ve had traits pop up later that were not present the season before. So it’s not unheard of to see the mutant form present itself again. It would be interesting to see how it matures. Be sure to take some pictures!
Hey, gotta question for the Seed train riders. Last year on the train, I grabbed some seeds labelled "Black Pearl x (Uchu x CM) Non Mutant". They were put on the train by RHCP. I tried to germinate some this year and it seems like some of them popped looking like mutants. Does that make sense? Can mutant seeds come from a pod that came from a plant that didn't show mutant traits but was a descendant of a mutant?

I can’t speak of that variety specifically, but I’ve had traits pop up later that were not present the season before. So it’s not unheard of to see the mutant form present itself again. It would be interesting to see how it matures. Be sure to take some pictures!
:pics::pics:

So, I use the Park Seed Bio Dome's to start seeds and I usually put more than one seed in each cell. What you see in this pic (I am horrible at taking pictures) is one non-mutant and two mutants. The seeds were labelled "non-mutant". I have two other cells and it is happening in one of them but the third cell is all non-muties.

Attachments

• Photo Mar 25 2024, 6 01 50 PM.jpg
    Photo Mar 25 2024, 6 01 50 PM.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 21
I
So, I use the Park Seed Bio Dome's to start seeds and I usually put more than one seed in each cell. What you see in this pic (I am horrible at taking pictures) is one non-mutant and two mutants. The seeds were labelled "non-mutant". I have two other cells and it is happening in one of them but the third cell is all non-muties.
It should look cool once it puts out pods. I’d be curious how it looks then.

Back