event 2nd Annual Easton PA Chile Festival

This Saturday, September 22nd, the Easton Farmer's Market will be hosting their 2nd Annual Chile Festival. It is a short event (9 a.m. to 1 p.m.) but looks like it will be a lot of fun. Come out and see us. Believe it or not, I got talked into doing a short presentation during the festival (pray for me).

Hell, my master's thesis presentation was shorter than what they are asking me to present at the festival. Hopefully, I'll have enough coffee in me to make it somewhat understandable...

Good for you, RTF! and +10 to romy6's suggestion! :lol:
Just use a few words like ----
capsaicin, placenta, concentration, pH, microorgasms.... and then start handing out sauce samples. Keep the camera rolling....

Once you get the audience involved, it'll all keep rolling.

Any plans for a hot-something contest?

:cool:

ps-spelling (nic)

Tape it!

Have a great time dude - you've certainly got the delicious sauces to back up anything you have to say - instant cred. Bam! I say chug a beer or two and wing it!
:woohoo:

SL - don't make the man go up and say "placenta" - c'mon!
:rofl:

It should be a good time. We did it last year and had a ball. We were set up next to Dragonfire, and both of us did well on the retail front. They pull a pretty good crowd. You'll have to off-load your truck and park it elsewhere, but that's about the only pain in the butt. The weather looks like it will be cooperating as well.

Now wait a minute G, you told me you'd make it to either Bowers or Easton! Will this not be the case? Geez, I had to tolerate JayT at the booth without you at Bowers!

LOL
Yeah, something about fighting with bronchitis since Labor Day...... That darned "real life" thing just keeps getting in the way sometimes! Next year though.....

Still planning on going to Jungle Jim's WoF the first weekend of October. Wish you guys were able to go, too!

Yesterday was fun, as expected. The weather was a tad threatening early on, but it held up until the end of the show. I think the crowd was a little larger last year, which may have been because of the cloudy morning, but this show still brings in a good crowd. It looked like everyone was pretty much having a good time, and I trust the vendors were able to put some cash in their pockets. Being in the same corner as Redtail and High River made things ‘interesting’ to say the least. Look forward to doing it again next year.

Here are a couple pics from yesterday. They don’t really do the show justice, as the actual setup area goes completely around the town square, which is quite large. Most of these shots were from setup in the morning, as I didn’t get much of a chance to get out of the booth once the crowds arrived.

2012Easton1_zps6dfa1d49.jpg

2012Easton2_zpsfb328d40.jpg

2012Easton3_zpsc8382c91.jpg

2012Easton4_zps1befde3e.jpg

2012Easton6_zpsb8b4562c.jpg

2012Easton7_zpsb9b1332e.jpg

2012Easton8_zps345d47d6.jpg

2012Easton9_zps8429a471.jpg

I do really like the name of this pub:

2012Easton5_zps280cf2e3.jpg

Oh Daaaaaaan! It's like 7 hours after it ended - how was it?

Sorry sweetheart. We are still recovering. Had a wonderful time seeing friends and making new Red Hawk fans. My presentation was completely unprepared but went well.

Unfortunately, after having a stellar time at the festival we got home to a very sick kitty that we had to have put to sleep later that evening. So these last couple of days have been a bit of a rollercoaster ride of emotions. The worst part was having to explain to our 5 year old about his kitty. So, it was a bittersweet weekend. . .

Back