• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

3 chile powders

tested out the new dehydrator.

1 rack of Thai Reds, 1 rack of Caribbean Red Habs, and 1 rack of Naga Morich

Ground each one up in the magic bullet. Of course I had to try out a generous pinch of each powder (with a decent pause in between each) and I decided to call them

1. Amazing Heat

2. Ludicrous Heat

3. Hope your life insurance is paid up Heat

#3 felt like it ate a hole through the back of my throat :hell:

That is awesome. There are an unlimited amount of combinations that you can make with chili powders. I am currently enjoying experimenting. Hope you are having fun with it. Just watch out for the dust, I got some around my nose area and boy did it burn. Felt like my face was melting!

Pepperfreak said:
Just watch out for the dust, I got some around my nose area and boy did it burn. Felt like my face was melting!

Yup. Did that too. Fine coating of Naga dust in my nose when I poured the powder into another container.
Not gonna say I enjoyed that, but I guess its all part of the overall experience :onfire:

Skyjerk said:
Yup. Did that too. Fine coating of Naga dust in my nose when I poured the powder into another container.
Not gonna say I enjoyed that, but I guess its all part of the overall experience :onfire:

Naga snuff thats a new one..Love your no3. Powder.
3. Hope your life insurance is paid up Heat ..Nice hehe :)

Would/could you post a picture of the powders so we can see the colors?...red, red, red I bet...

Experimenting with the different mixtures of powders is truly exciting...and...if you have different colored peppers, you can mix and match the powders to change the colors...

It's fun isn't it. I am just dehydrating a mix of mostly cayenne-like peppers as well as garlic and onions and will turn all of that - together with some sea salt - into a hopefully tasty blend. I'm looking for kind of an all purpose heat.

Chiliac said:
It's fun isn't it. I am just dehydrating a mix of mostly cayenne-like peppers as well as garlic and onions and will turn all of that - together with some sea salt - into a hopefully tasty blend. I'm looking for kind of an all purpose heat.

Sounds a damn good combination there buddy :)

Chiliac said:

That DOES sound good. Think I'll toss in a few cloves of garlic next batch...

I don't have any of the super hots but I dried, ground and mixed "Cayennes" and "Super Chili's". Great on pizza.

Next thing you know, you're all going to be insane like me and attempt this project (from 2007). :)

Chris

P1050673.jpg

P1050668.jpg

P1050664.jpg

the color of the 7 Pod is absolutely gorgeous...

cmpman1974 said:
Next thing you know, you're all going to be insane like me and attempt this project (from 2007). :)

Chris

Damn.

Sorry AJ, I cant honor your request for pix. Its too embarrassing after cmpman1974's amazing display of chile powders.
You were right. Red, Red, and Red :)

Skyjerk said:
Damn.

Sorry AJ, I cant honor your request for pix. Its too embarrassing after cmpman1974's amazing display of chile powders.
You were right. Red, Red, and Red :)

No worries, all I got is chipotle, hab, chile de arbol, and some misc birdseye powders. None of which I grew..yet. ;)

I forgot how many peppers some of these 7-pod plants produced last year. I went in my chest freezer and found a vacuum sealed frozen bag of 7-pods dated Oct-07....hmmm...like I needed more? Perhaps a bit of excess? lol.

Chris

Back