• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

3 cotelydon trinidad scorpion

Well i went and looked at my plants today. Not only did a fatalii sprout, my trinidad scorpion has three cotelydons. More pics to come as he gets bigger. I don't know how well the pics are going to turn out

100_3494.jpg

Pam said:
We seem to have a bumper crop of three cotyledon peppers this spring.

You're not kidding

kylestl said:
are they rare or are they preatty common. What other varities have people had the three cotelydons of.

not sure, i have one that just popped up today. it's sri lankan

srilankancrop.jpg

my pic is crap, but it tells the tale

kylestl said:
are they rare or are they preatty common. What other varities have people had the three cotelydons of.

I don't know how common they are, but several folks have posted about getting threefers this spring.

I just can't wait to see how it grows. I have another T scorpion to compare it to like i said more pics to come.

I have one from a little orange bullet I got from AJ. This shot was taken Feb. 15
graphi1758.jpg

Oh- and a 7-pod/pot I got from QF. (not pictured)

FiveSix said:
great camera work tx. i have a macro shot taking problem lol

4 tips i've gained from experience:
1)Rest the camera on something

2)Have the camera close w/ no zoom for shallow depth of field, have it a little farther away with a bit of zoom for a little wider depth of field. (works for my point and shoot anyway)

3) If your camera keeps focusing on the dirt behind the plant, press the button half-way to let it focus, then pull the camera away from the plant just a little to bring the plant into focus.

4) Take about 10 pics then pick the one that is actually in focus on the computer. :lol:

Txclosetgrower said:
4 tips i've gained from experience:
1)Rest the camera on something

3) If your camera keeps focusing on the dirt behind the plant, press the button half-way to let it focus, then pull the camera away from the plant just a little to bring the plant into focus.

4) Take about 10 pics then pick the one that is actually in focus on the computer. :lol:

We have come to the same conclusions there. Good one about the depth of field - I hadn't thought of doing that with a point and shoot.
Also, ASR mode (if you have one) is your friend especially in low light.

kylestl said:
my camera has this little thing i switch to with a flower on it lol i don't know what it is called

For my camera (olympus c-740) the Flower icon means "Macro" mode

PID3399us51J629947QL.jpg

96990454_23d4e93860_m.jpg
= macro

It's almost like they knew that feature would be useful for taking pictures of plants. :lol:

Back