• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

3 Cotyledons!! Wow !!

So my mom's chilis (grown from my seeds) had a bunch of seed caps, but they fell off on their own) and I see today one of her plants has 3 cotyledon leaves!! This is a non-hybrid Thai chili plant. Will plants grown from the seeds of this plant have a higher chance of following in its mother's footstep?
(Pic up tomorrow or later)

I have several plants at the moment with 3.. Its especially common in Reaper stock... Its more of a embryo thing than genetics and each following plant should have the same chance not increased... Sorry =( ... That being said your moms plant will grow leaves and branches in sets of 3 instead of 2... it will grow slower as such but should put on more fruit too... There cool to grow ..

Enjoy it  =)

KrakenPeppers said:
I have several plants at the moment with 3.. Its especially common in Reaper stock... Its more of a embryo thing than genetics and each following plant should have the same chance not increased... Sorry =( ... That being said your moms plant will grow leaves and branches in sets of 3 instead of 2... it will grow slower as such but should put on more fruit too... There cool to grow ..

Enjoy it  =)
Interesting, thanks for the information. She's giving them to her aunt, maybe I can keep the 3-leaf plant.

Back