• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

smoking 3 fatties

on the menu today .. 3 fatty's

1 italian turkey sausage with lots of garlic

s4ut94.jpg

rolled and ready for the freezer to firm up

174mqp.jpg

2 "pizza" fatties, green peppers,green onions,mozza cheese,salami and garlic.. no sauce inside, going to have it on the side when all cooked

jpx3jb.jpg

the ingredients inside

29p45cw.jpg

the 2nd - ingredients laid out a little differently

33vyptt.jpg

all rolled up and ready to firm up in the freezer.. cooking pics to follow in a couple of hours

245aiwl.jpg

all finished..nice light smokey flavor

turkey(the middle one)

fkntb8.jpg

2uf59vn.jpg

i forgot my whole point of smoking these today besides getting some good eats..lol

i smoked these on my gas grill. they smoked at 225*F on the top rack with hickory chips until they were done

I'll be trying this in my UDS when it's up and running......I'm looking forward to smoked meatloaf....:drooling:

Bams, do they go on the grill in a semi froozen state??

patrick said:
Smoked meatloaf? Where has this been all my life? BamsBBQ I owe you one. Have to try this one for sure.

a fatty is a 1 lb chub of pork breakfast sausage like jimmy deans or bob evans or you can use a sausage you like. then smoked.
meatloaf on the bbq is a total different thing but equally as tasty. pictures to follow

i guess you could technically call it a meatloaf because it is a loaf of meat..lol

moyboy said:
I'll be trying this in my UDS when it's up and running......I'm looking forward to smoked meatloaf....:drooling:

Bams, do they go on the grill in a semi froozen state??

i just put them into the freezer to firm up a little. but putting them in the fridge will work equally well. they are not actually frozen.

meatloaf

ml3jr7.jpg

ml1sf6.jpg

Back