• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

3 leaf cotyledons

Idk if I'm posting in the right spot. But,I've had 3 douglahs sprout,each having 3 leaves. Is this common with the douglah strain? Oh,I got the seeds from Judy of pepperlover.com

Its not very common for any variety as far as I know of. But the more seeds you germinate the more of a chance there will be to have 3 leaves

Out of around 200 seeds sowed this year, I got one with 3 cotyledons, a Jamaican Scotch Bonnet. Shouldn`t cause any problems whatsoever.

i had one bhut this year that had 3 leaves,or cotyledons it did not make it but was cool though dint really think much of it since i had an issue with fungus knats or white flies and they took out a few seedlings there gone now thank God,,

I had 3 for my first time growing. A choco scorpion, fatalii, and a TSMB. They're all healthy and same as every other seedlings.

, Vegas

I've had quite a few this year myself. Out of nearly 200 plants around 15-20 of them had 3 and to be honest 3 of those are the largest plants from their respective strains, So I would have to say it makes no difference and was just a spot of bad luck that you lost them.

3 ? Must be the fabled Bhut Jabutch scorpidoug reaper!
If you didnt save seeds, it's ok.Wait till next week for the new hottest at $10.00 for 2 seeds.

Kidding aside, 3 leaves, while uncommon, is nothing to worry about.
Your loss was 99% most likely due to some other reason.

@scrufy,that'd be one hell of a pepper. It'd take a long time to stabilize that. Does suck that I lost it though. They were my only douglahs. Not a big deal though. From what I hear they're only good for heat,not flavor. But,thanks for the feedback guys.

This is the only pic I could find with tri cotys.

Choco Scorpion.

IMG_20130323_202514.jpg

, Vegas

Back