• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

3rrorist's indoor grow

Hello everyone,

This past year was my first year gardening and I didn't want to stop just because my season is over. Initially I was just going to move two banana pepper plants indoors, but a friend's mom gave me some various other plants. I'm not sure what all of them are and need help with identification.

My setup so far:
Emergency mylar blankets
iPower 400w light system
Light timer
14" plant pot saucers
Temp/humidity monitor

I bought the light I'm using initially for just two plants, but since I have several more than that now, I guess I will need more light. Any suggestions for my lighting situation are welcome. I would like these plants to grow and fruit under the lights, so whatever I would need to get to accomplish that.

I plan on making this area enclosed in the next couple of weeks. I might make this into it's own little room. I need to insulate the area because right now the average temperature is 64 degrees. 

Indoor grow setup
48" x 68" table

Inside the "tent"
10 plants total, half at seedling stage, half 1 - 2 ft.

Banana Pepper #1
This was much bigger, but I trimmed it back a lot.

Banana Pepper #2
I attempted to cut this back like some people do on here to over-winter their plants, but I think I went a little too far.

Jalapeno
I'm excited for this one to produce a lot.

Unknown #1
It looks like their dog took a few bites out of this one. It's possible that this plant is ghost, jalapeno, or habanero. I need help identifying.

Unknown #2
This plant is either ghost or habanero. I need help identifying.

Unknown #3
This plant is either ghost or habanero. I need help identifying.

Recently transferred 20 seedlings from dixie cups to 1 gallon containers.

I use the following mix:
1 part fox farm ocean forest
1 part coco
.5 part vermiculite

I would have used just the fox farm by itself, but I couldn't find it locally and had to buy it online. It was expensive, so I wanted to make it last. The coco I had left over from starting seeds and the vermiculite I got for free. I know that ocean forest has perlite in it already, so I hope adding verm wasn't a mistake. 

I will be posting more updated pictures later today.

Hey, Johnnie, those lights have kicked your grow into high gear.
Your banana pepper looks great, the haircut didn't hurt it a bit!

Happy New Year!

The jalapeno plant is the only one producing right now. The others have flowers on them, but they all fall off. Megahot suggested I hand pollinate on the plants that aren't producing, so I'm going to try that. 

Back