• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

5 gallon bucket plant size...

Well...I'm still on the hunt for a greenhouse and found one I really like. Problem is its an 8x16 and I'm not sure if 8' will be wide enough.

I had planned on doing supers in 5 gallon buckets ...spaced 2' apart down each side of the GH giving a total of 16 plants. I'm worried though if the walkway down the middle will be to crowded...I'm not sure how wide they'd get at full maturity.

Its perfect in every other way and going to a10' wide model hikes the price substantially.

With proper pruning to keep them out of the walkway do you guys think it will be adequate?

If I prune them to 2' wide that leaves me with a 4' walkway/ working room. Could even get away with 2.5' wide leaving 3' in the middle for me to work in. That should be enough don't ya think?

Personally i wouldn't go smaller than 5 gallon, you do want some production, the 7.5 gallon are actually preferable. Growbags are a different story altogther, you can get away with less gallons using them.

3ft of walking space is more than enough, give the plants the room they want. More branches = more pods.

Ya I wouldn't want to go smaller than 5's but ill have to look for some more 7's I only have 3 now.

I went ahead and ordered it... can't wait.

Now I've gotten get the area leveled!

I wouldn't be able to tell now, but by the end of the season it should be clear. I'm doing 3 gal, 5, 15, 18. We'll see what comes up on production and size.

, Vegas

Keep in mind our temps get to -15. I'm in the mountains ...people see AZ and assume desert. We'll get 18" of snow at a time. ;)

I wouldnt want to go smaller then 5's for chinese. I did go ahead and buy the 8x16 though! Can't wait I'm so excited I can barely stand it. Its a nice one too!

8mm polycarbonate ... 113 mph wind rating and insane snow load. Automatic vent openers ..shade cloth. Can't wait!

http://www.greenhousenation.com/riverstone-monticello-8x16-black-greenhouse-p-840.html?manufacturers_id=60

OZZZ said:
Keep in mind our temps get to -15. I'm in the mountains ...people see AZ and assume desert. We'll get 18" of snow at a time. ;)

I wouldnt want to go smaller then 5's for chinese. I did go ahead and buy the 8x16 though! Can't wait I'm so excited I can barely stand it. Its a nice one too!

8mm polycarbonate ... 113 mph wind rating and insane snow load. Automatic vent openers ..shade cloth. Can't wait!

http://www.greenhousenation.com/riverstone-monticello-8x16-black-greenhouse-p-840.html?manufacturers_id=60
Ok now I'm jelly!

Back