5 week grow update (first timer).

Hey all.

Well, all of my seedlings seem to be healthy and growing nicely (albeit a little slow)... The warm/sunny weather is still yet to come here in Melbourne, Australia.

So... Most of these were planted on the 12/07 in jiffy pellets in a heated propagator. 

I am currently hardening them off a few hours a day (as there has been a bit of sunshine throughout lunchtime/early afternoon). Also, with a couple of the plants (the reaper leaves you will see).. a couple of spots on the leaves, is this anything for concern? I'm pretty sure it could be fly shit as I have caught flies a couple of days in a row sitting on a leaf and leaving a little black dot behind.

My main concern is one of my Aji Pineapples (I marked it in the pic) has some discolouring on the edge of the leaves.. can someone explain what this is? Overwatering/Not enough sunlight perhaps? I think the plant is far from death for now but I'm curious to what this is.. It's also visible on another one of my carolina reaper seedlings (very minute though).

Oh.. you'll notice one of my reapers was a triple leafer :D. I thought this was crazy rare but apparently it happens often with the reapers. Anyway.. I'll stop rambling now. Any input would be appreciated :). Can't wait for these to get bigger and ready for summer here.

Here come the pics....

20170824_161855_resized.jpg

20170824_161727_002_resized.jpg

20170824_161908_resized.jpg

20170824_161920_resized.jpg

20170824_162005_resized.jpg

20170824_162055_resized.jpg

All looking good there Matt.

I wouldn't worry too much about the leaf burn on the Aji yet. Might just have got some moisture on the leaves and then some sun scald.

It might be worthwhile checking on the bottom of the leaves for pests just in case for those that have 'holes'.

Good to see another Southern Hemisphere Chilli Head on here.

Keep updates coming in

Good to see people from the south indeed. Although I'm really far from you guys.

Your seedlings look good. No need to worry about that "burn" on the edge of those leaves. I think it is just water damage.

How cold does it get where they are at night? Just to know, not to worry.

Cheers guys! I knew it wasn't anything too drastic yet. And the water on the leaves/sun scald makes sense. I'll be a little more careful watering now.

TakashiLM said:

How cold does it get where they are at night? Just to know, not to worry.

At the moment it's dropping to around 10c overnight so it's still a bit cold. Spring technically starts next week so hopefully we'll start seeing some warmer days/nights :).

kaptainkraze said:
At the moment it's dropping to around 10c overnight so it's still a bit cold. Spring technically starts next week so hopefully we'll start seeing some warmer days/nights :).

oh I think it is because of the water drops in the leaves... at that temperature it would damage them like that. try to not wet the leaves when watering, it should be okay then

Back