• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

6 days and we have began.

all my seeds are sprouting just after 6 days .
Thats why I like the heated germination table and its results.
I have had seeds take 30 days using no heat.
what are you guys getting for germination times???

shayne

I'm finding that if they aren't up within about a week, they ain't ever gonna come up. But as I posted in another thread, I sowed lettuce Thursday evening and it was up this morning. That's probably about 60 hours or so.

Mike

Most in 7-14 days, but wild capsicums can take MUCH longer. I just had one come up in 39 days and it was under 85 deg heat the whole time! Try getting a C. Galapagoense to sprout in 5 days. :)

Chris

I wish I had a heated germination table. I've been starting my seeds in ziploc bags taped around the pipes on my water heater in my apartment. Germination rates are about 65% at 15 days with the exception of Chiltepin which has't sprouted at all.

Usually 4-6 days and I usually get well over 90% germination. I'm pretty sure everyone is using some sort of heat for germination.

Anything from about a week to nearly a month.

I don't use a heating mat, I simply place the mini-greenhouse on the heater:

pfl02.jpg

May take a bit longer, but it saves energy, because the heating is on at that time of the year anyway....

It depends whether I use the paper towel method or soil. With the paper towel it can be a few days, soil a lot longer. The longest I've had was a Naga Morich in soil that took 38 days. That's patience for you ;)

The following is a day by day listing of germination rates since I planted 27-28 January 2008. Tjhis is inclusive of all suppliers and all seeds I have planted (576 total)

2/4/08 34.90% 9 days
2/5/08 44.44% 10 days
2/6/08 54.51% 11 days
2/7/08 60.24% 12 days
2/9/08 67.01% 14 days
2/10/08 69.62% 15 days

Back